navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Postulate for Einstein
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic A Postulate for Einstein Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Andrew Dickinson
since 2006-07-26
Posts 8

0 posted 2006-07-28 03:40 AM

Einstein's quote on the imagination being more important than knowledge is misunderstood and erroneous.  It takes knowledge of reality, either how simple or most near nothing at all, to image something that is understood takes reality which one perceives first before imagining, thus the true creation of beginnings began; reality was around before our imaginations, there before us--we can imagine anything, but how far is it feasible to creating something real, and in reality the true knowledge of knowing if what we imagine is real or not, faults logically and proclaims the illusion of whether we know what we image is real or not--albeit imagination can lead to things real, and can create real things, then we begin to imagine for the sake of being real: real being tangibility, for if we had no knowledge what would the imagination serve...nothing...to imagine anything but imagination and no knowledge will get you nowhere to creating something real, nothing practical, because the imagination only serves images in the mind, not concrete ability, until one knows what to do with that image, then it will serve a grander use, applying it to something useful or substantially sound is the true objective of knowing what we can imagine and false imaginations, thus, any and all are grounds for knowing the extent of what our imagination “knows”…knowing to imagine or imagining to know are thus both fallacious, logical deductions.  Moreover, imagination itself, which by itself, is useless, because by itself it is rendered only in the mind, when we are born we imagine but it is useless until we FIRST realize by the knowledge in our external self, then we grasp “it,” then use our imaginations, so then it begins; and only in the mind it will stay, for it takes a use of knowing, knowing how to imagine something real that can be used in reality of a greater more purposeful design.  Say a person had no knowledge, the imagination alone wouldn't suffice for anything purposeful to create, cause it takes know-how to imagine something.  And let us take the antithesis:  if one had only knowledge, would that person create something in reality beyond just being eminent?  Yes, the exception being, that I have knowledge to build more knowledge, and how would I create out of pure knowledge?  For example, if I know 2 + 2 is 4, how could I know based on knowledge alone what 4 + 4 was, knowing the pervious answer?  Could I imagine it?  No!  Because if a human imagined the answer it would take (what I described above) reason and logic: the faculties of higher reasoning.  By logic, pure logic, ladies and gentleman of higher knowledge. (This reminds me of a computer, where it has commands or “knowledge,” yet can create an unimaginable amount of anything you want it to, BEYOND the limits of the greatest minds of imagination, i.e., the Internet.  In this case, you must think:  what came first, imagination or knowledge.  Einstein also said that information isn’t knowledge, and he was right to a point, but not the whole truth. Information can create knowledge in some cases.) Thus, knowledge is so vast, that one’s imagination cannot be fathomable by the imagination alone to the reaches of facets of knowledge that is in our external world.  Imagination takes you from A to Z (Einstein points out), but reality has infinite facets, that there is something beyond Z and before A.  It is arrogant to assume that is the limit of reality.  For example, think of how big the universe is, and I mean really ponder it, even for years, use the best of your imagination’s “powers,” and try to imagine it.  You see: the universe is there for one to contemplate forever, AND not to imagine fully, thus buy that extreme example Z cannot be reached, nor A.  The most imaginative person would not even reach any real knowledge of even the next planet by pure imagination, even the next room if the person was in a house, that is, if it is based on pure imagination without knowledge, for the average person in this information age can imagine pretty far, but you see, not further than the most recent known farthest point in the universe, which I know, the elite astronomers only know of about 5% of the “known” universe.  Thus, without the knowledge of it, how real is our imagination without the knowledge of it.  The issue of whether the imagination is real or not DEPENDS on the knowledge.  Aristotle said that true knowledge is to know that you know nothing, and I’ll go further:  True knowledge is to know that you know nothing of everything.

The final conclusion:  

We can imagine anything, but is it practical and sufficient for the survival or creation of more knowledge?  No.  And less knowledge is ignorance, thus out of ignorance how can one imagine anything real.   For example, I can imagine world peace, but is my imagination a reality, something of use, purpose, or creative?  No it's not.  What is the good of the imagination, where you can't use it to serve a purpose of substantial reward or gain?  Thus, the tool of knowledge or knowing or just “being” in reality to perceiving, will be the catalyst of all use to bring something imagined to reality.  They aren't mutually exclusive too, it takes one to make the other, so which begins first?  And on a side note, this all creates the question of:  what about instinct or knowledge before birth?  Research of the behavior of a type of bird showed conclusively that being raised alone inside of a lab showed that it made a nest without it being taught by its mother.

This makes sense to me, I am not sure, and am reluctant of the world to understand, that my friend is my pain.

© Copyright 2006 Andrew Dickinson - All Rights Reserved
the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
1 posted 2006-07-29 09:18 PM

I'm sorry, I started to read this and became distracted. I'm going to come back and read it over from the beginning when I find the time I'm looking forward to it.. it sounds interesting.

~Heather~

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » A Postulate for Einstein

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary