navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Memory lane ( a little long- forgive me)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Memory lane ( a little long- forgive me) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
bekahlekah45
since 2006-03-14
Posts 533

0 posted 2006-06-10 11:09 PM

Walking down an endless hall of memories, I try to find the ones that mean most to me. Down this hall are pictures, a small glimpse of my past that I have stored since my early childhood.  I start this long walk and immediately find the perfect memory to start with.  This picture has the face of a tall, chestnut brown-color haired, brown eyed man who was the man of my dreams. Jacob was his name. In this particular picture (memory), He is holding a small child in his arms, our son, and smiling so bright you couldn't miss it even if you were miles away.  I stand and ponder upon this memorable day...
   "Jacob! I think he's coming!" I yelled to my husband as I felt a strong contraction.  Jacob was instantly by my side and helping me to the car.  We drove to the hospital so quickly i'm surprised we didn't get a speeding ticket!  Well, hours after a long, complicated delivery, I gave birth to a beautiful young son we named Christopher James.  Jacob held him in his arms and smiled brighter than the sun, and thats when the picture was taken.
   I slowly came back to reality and continued down the hall, smiling at some pictures, putting my head down in shame at others.  Finally, I arrived at another picture that I knew i had to stop and think about. This was a picture of mine and Jacob's wedding day.  Such a glorious moment in my "book"...
   "I now pronouce you, Husband and wife; You may kiss the bride..." were the words of the faithful preacher who wed us. Jacob and I joined hands and kissed a short, but delicate kiss.  And thats when that picture was taken...
   As my mind returned from this memory, I knew that I could carry on for hours, but I had things to do so I marked where I left off and mademy way back home...

While thinking upon these memories and different pictures I saw all the things I had done wrong, other things I should have done a little differently, and things that i was proud of!  I look back and I see how i lived.  I was selfish too many times, I took tooo much pride in things I did, and I didn't show my gratitude as much as I should have.  
   WHat everyone can learn from my mistake is to live in the moment!  Remember that you can't change the past but there IS something you can do about your future.  SO take pictures, laugh too much as a silly joke, and have the time of your life!  Life is too short to waste.
i don't know if this even made sense.  but its late and I love to write so i just put a little somethin together.  hope you liked it...

© Copyright 2006 Rebekah - All Rights Reserved
CrAzI_bAbI_cHiKa
since 2003-07-16
Posts 248

1 posted 2006-06-11 12:26 PM

This sounds so confusingly familiar. I dont know why. IT's very, very good Bekah. I'll comment more throughly soon though. it's too late for this.

When I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad I'm better.
Mae West

Frank W. Torres
since 2006-06-10
Posts 133

2 posted 2006-06-11 01:54 AM

45 it certainly made sense to me. Indeed at times pictures seem to be our salvation in the here and now.
bekahlekah45
since 2006-03-14
Posts 533

3 posted 2006-06-11 08:12 AM

thank you for the comments : ) much appreciated
latearrival
Member Ascendant
since 2003-03-21
Posts 5499
Florida
4 posted 2006-06-13 03:23 AM

I understand how pictures/photos remain in the mind. I often think of others by the photos I remember. They are clearer in my mind than the person's face is, as it changes though the years.    Once I went to  take  pictures of a friend's home that had been in a storm while she was away. How stupid I felt when I realized I had no  film in the camera! But I was able to recall each  snap shot as it was enbedded in my memory. Just the act of looking through the camera and clicking it  made the memory strong enought to recall.   best to you martyjo
bekahlekah45
since 2006-03-14
Posts 533

5 posted 2006-06-19 06:49 PM

thanks for the comment : )
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Memory lane ( a little long- forgive me)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary