navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My Dearest Michael,
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Dearest Michael, Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
CrAzI_bAbI_cHiKa
since 2003-07-16
Posts 248

0 posted 2006-06-10 07:54 PM

The pavement hadn't even dried when we had your funeral.
It was like the sky was mourning with us, the whole world maybe. Or maybe it was just us.

Your mother asked me to speak, to Eulogize you.
So this is what I wrote. Well, the third time I tried. After one paper dissolved with my tears, and the other smudged itself when I wrote with my quivering hands, I resorted to Microsoft Word. AND this is what I came up with:

"There are a million reasons why I should be angry with God for taking Michael. The first obviously, is that I don't have my soulmate anymore, at least not physically. The second is for all the time I wasted denying our love, just to have him take my Michael away the second it is realized. The third, the one which hurts the most, is the horrible truth that I will never see his smile again. The smile that, when I met him, was missing its two front teeth and grinned mischievously at me when I realized that, together, we could drive my older sister crazy. The smile that got me through my first breakup, accompanied me on my first rollercoaster, and shines out at me every time I look at my Senior Prom pictures. It kills me that I will never see that smile again.

But I am not angry with our Father for taking my fiance, because, in return I am gaining a guardian angel, and something to look forward to: reuniting with my Michael. I am grateful for the times that I had with him, the past sixteen years, and beyond grateful for all the love and support he gave me over my lifetime.

He was a perfect person: kind, loving, self-sacrificing, and loyal. He had a great sense of humor, dripping with sarcasm, and was the life of every party. Michael never shied away from an enemy or a conflict, and loved his family with every fiber of his being. He was a great man, who would have made a great husband, and a great father.

I want to end this with both a quote, and a bit of news. Michael's favorite quote was one by Albert Einstein, a scientist you may or may not have heard of. He once said, "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." It is obvious from the way Michael died which Michael chose, because in his haste to celebrate a miracle, Michael crashed his car on a slippery road. Today, I would like to announce that miracle, and to thank God for sending me that miracle. It seems that Michael was about to be a father sooner than any of us had anticipated, and I only pray that our son has his smile."

© Copyright 2006 Keryn - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2006-06-10 08:39 PM

so optimistically sad...

i don't know if this is "real" or not - either way, quite touching.

the_girl_next_door
since 2006-02-26
Posts 591
USA
2 posted 2006-06-10 09:19 PM

Keryn, Keryn, Keryn.. OMG! I loved this so much.. it was very emotional.. very touching and the very last part almost made me cry. Great, Great Great job.. this was wonderful.. I think the ending and all the details.. really made this what it is.. I loved it. I'm glad to hear something new from you.. I'm about to try to write my own short fictional story.. I'll keep you posted on it.. Great job.. I don't know what else to say..

~Heather

Desire nothing except desirelessness. Hope for nothing except to rise above all hopes.
Want nothing & you will have everything.

bekahlekah45
since 2006-03-14
Posts 533

3 posted 2006-06-10 11:16 PM

I really really enjoyed this!  great job!1
nedj
since 2006-06-23
Posts 87
Oregon USA
4 posted 2006-06-24 12:02 PM

I just figured out why I love your work so much: I want to believe every bit of it is true, even the sad parts. It is so believable that I have to remind myself often that it isn't true. Or is it? Most of the time, I can't really say for sure. And that is not an easy thing to create. In this piece, you've done it yet again.

A poem's just a poet in a word.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My Dearest Michael,

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary