navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dream Scape Two
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Dream Scape Two Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart

0 posted 2005-08-03 09:46 AM

I accompanied my husband who wished to see a gentleman about an airplane part. As my husband works with model aircraft, it was not an unusual request for him to make. I know the part looked like something that would fit the dashboard – some sort of rpm or altitude piece, round, and white, with black numbers and markings. As I think back now, it also reminded me of a kitchen timer for baking, but more pronounced in its markings.

We came up to the man’s house; he opened the door to us and invited us in. It was still daylight, and I seemed to be amused as the gentleman said that his wife could not come out to keep me company, but would I mind very much watching the children? He then gave me his youngest child to hold, a baby, about three to four months old, and two smaller children were playing in another room.  

Going into the room where the children were, I remember there being a rocking chair, but I do not recall whether or not I sat in it.  The room was comfortably cluttered with several books and toys that would spark a child’s imagination. The children seemed set amid their own playthings, and I saw no need to interfere. I remember cuddling the baby, talking to it in a quiet, singing voice, little humming words of no import, just mama sounds from a stranger to the babe’s ear.

It did not seem very long before my husband and the man were back, but I sensed it had gotten darker outside. That was when the dream became more.

The man, who was tall and slender, dark haired and brown eyed, wanted to know if I wished to see the baby’s room. He indicated it was time for her to sleep, now, and would I please follow him.  We walked through one room that seemed to have a dark carpet with a white spaghetti pattern across the floor – it was an illusion – but for a moment I became disoriented and thought I was going to trip or at the worst, squish spaghetti deeper into the carpet, but that was not the case.

Then we entered a very small room. The man grinned, and with the flip of a lever, the room “expanded” taking over the space of the previous room, now that it was not in use.  He walked over to what appeared to be one-half of a child’s crib, and with a slight push, butted it up against what looked like a painting against a wall, and it wondrously became a full sized crib, complete with quilted blankets of soft hues that unfolded themselves.

I began to get the idea that the man was an inventor and one who liked to “surprise” people by not talking about his accomplishments, but rather, show them. I remember thinking I liked the way his mind worked.  He turned again and with a few deft movements of his hands, a bunk-bed seemed to float out of a wall and he called to the two older children, telling them that is was time for them to go to bed.  They came in without complaint, and seemed to be very happy, well-behaved children.

We were then taken to the front room again, and just as my husband and I were about to leave, the man’s wife came from another area of the house, gave a brief apology for not being able to entertain, and seemed anxious for us to leave. I noted that she appeared about ten years older than the man did, and it made me wonder briefly if indeed they were husband and wife. I did not have time for any further conversation as we were shown to the door, my husband pleased with his purchase of a part for his model plane hobby, and as we were about to go out into the dark, the man winked and grinned and said, “make sure you enjoy the night sky!”

This was when I knew that the man was a genius and inventor of magic…as we neared the edge of his property, I looked up and saw a magnificent nighttime sky wheel over his house. The moon and stars, as if placed upon a large round canopy [think a child’s mobile hanging from a crib] was overhead of the man’s house and trees and moving just ever so much faster but without making anyone dizzy.  In some fashion, he had fixed it so shooting stars would streak and glimmer across every so often. The moon would change from a child’s vision of a smiling man in the moon, to the clearer concept of what adults know to be its true face – and back again. I remember the colors – bordering from night black to cobalt blue and then lighter shades of twilight, but all holding a slight shimmer.

~*~

I simply do not know what to make of this dream, other than it was extremely pleasurable and made me want to return to the inventor and find out more about him, and his inventions.

© Copyright 2005 Karilea Rilling Jungel - All Rights Reserved
LeeJ
Member Patricius
since 2003-06-19
Posts 13296

1 posted 2005-08-03 11:38 AM

ok, first I'm going to say, all the while reading this I felt nothing but peace.

I'm thinking the children represent you...all three of them, represent events in your life...the room was comfortable cluttered with several books and toys that would spark a chld's imagination?  You have written a few books, Yes, and presently coddling one, I'm presuming?  Yes?
The tall dark and handsom man, your annimus, asking if you'd like to see a room with a half done crib...is there something not quit done in your life presently...silly question, huh, when do we have everything finished?  hehe

Oh shoot, I'm just babbling here, but ya know where I think you might get some answers on this one?  Email me and I'll tell you if you don't remember.  

But, I loved reading this, the annimus led you into a very enjoyable night sky....with stars/dreams there and still coming true???

Wull it sounds great doesn't it?
Luv
Me

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
2 posted 2005-08-03 01:42 PM

Yup - I remembered...

I think the reason I wanted to post this, as well, is because, like you felt - it was very much another of those "feel good" moments and shucks, if one of the reasons for writing is sharing that type of emotion, then why keep it to myself?

One thing though - which came from the first sharing, is that I was advised to "try to see with more clarity" and as I was laying this out as I remembered it - it came to me that I had indeed been even MORE aware of my surroundings.

Even dinosaurs learn something...

Thanks, Lee!

Enchantress
Member Empyrean
since 2001-08-14
Posts 35113
Canada eh.
3 posted 2005-08-03 03:55 PM

I agree with Lee's take on this Karilea.
My how I would have loved to have seen that night sky!
Next dream..take me with you?
This is pure magic!

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
4 posted 2005-08-03 06:49 PM

seems to me the inventor sees the need for people to have open space, and he thinks people can change or re-arrange their space/environment through creative thinking;

You have such unique and interesting dreams that could launch a book of their own!  Love your description; I felt compelled to gaze upward to the night canopy you described so well.  (I, too, feel the peace in this.)  It brought back fond memories when my Dad would take us to the planetarium to watch the seeming changes in the night sky.  

I can hardly wait for Dream Scape Three!

miscee

kayjay
Member Elite
since 2002-06-24
Posts 2015
Oregon
5 posted 2005-08-04 09:51 AM

I believe the message of the dream is to show you that inventiveness in your mind is the key to good writing (as if you didn't know).  Keep coming up with original thoughts and telling us(and the public!) stories and you will indeed find great peace.  
I agree that you have the most intriguing of dreams. KJ

Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
6 posted 2005-08-04 06:09 PM

Sissie....I'll be back...I need to read this again before I reply.  
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
7 posted 2005-08-05 04:05 PM

You are soooo on a marvelous journey, SIL!  *hugs*....jo
Martie
Member Empyrean
since 1999-09-21
Posts 28049
California
8 posted 2005-08-05 04:29 PM

Sissie

I would love to meet your inventor!!  Perhaps God?  The house, could be heaven, I suppose....Very interesting!  It is obvious that this man trusted you, as he gave you his baby to care for.  I was intrigued by your dream.  

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Dream Scape Two

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary