navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Three years
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Three years Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

0 posted 2005-07-06 05:41 PM

These are just some thoughts of mine. I wanted to write a more beautiful tribute, but it's not in me today.
--------

I can't believe it's been three years since you left. Everything started to fall apart and come together at the same time. Maybe you arranged the latter from your seat in heaven. I think I'd rather have you here, though. Everyone misses you so much, and with every day that passes, we just love and miss you that much more. I can't help but wonder, would I done all the horrible things I did if you were here? I guess I'll never know, but I hope I didn't make you too ashamed from your seat in Heaven. We will always miss you. If I live until I'm 100, I will think about you every single day.

Please forgive me.

Your niece,
Erica

Love's a lovely lad
His bringing up is beauty
Who loves him not is mad
For I must pay him duty
-Anonymous

© Copyright 2005 Erica N. - All Rights Reserved
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
1 posted 2005-07-06 11:32 PM

I felt it was a very good tribute, sincere and from the heart.  Only the ones who have when on to another place know whether or not they can hear us.  Our feelings are important because it is the only thing left behind to hold on to as a tribute of their influence.  It contributes a sense of respect in the highest degree and honor toward the life they lived.  Thank you for sharing.

Merlyn

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2005-07-07 01:50 AM

Aw Sweetie,
I'm pretty sure you're not only forgiven but she would love you even more.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2005-07-07 08:00 PM

Erica, if I am not mistaken, you posted a note on her passing [yes, we've been around that long, haven't we, little one?] And I know how special aunts or uncles, can be, and then to lose one, too soon...

She is smiling, honey. She loves you very much, and she is trying to tell you in so many ways just how proud she is of you.

LoveBug
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Elite
since 2000-01-08
Posts 4697

4 posted 2005-07-07 09:00 PM

Thanks so much.. it's actually a He

My uncle

Thank you, everyone

Love's a lovely lad
His bringing up is beauty
Who loves him not is mad
For I must pay him duty
-Anonymous

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2005-07-07 10:55 PM

well, dang....I am most certainly getting my poet's family members confused...you never ever wrote of a she?  I will bet HE is laughing now, most certainly!
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Three years

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary