navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » For My Dog and my Two Cats
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic For My Dog and my Two Cats Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

0 posted 2004-12-22 11:12 PM

There's silence in this house.  I wait for Christmas morning to dawn, as my dog lies at my feet as I type, and my cats -- my cats!  I do not know for sure where they are.  But I am quite content with the certainty that they are mingling within the Christmas tree.  Yes, Gabbie and Tifa can be heard skittering about, making last-minute preparations for the morning of the new day of sleep.

As I was saying, my dog is at my side, and I dare not yell at Gabbie, whom I know to be the cause of the clatter that arises from the general direction of the tree.  My raising my voice would shatter the tender tintinabulations of a mischievous Christmas Eve.  So, instead I stand and proceed up the stairs to investigate the clamour of the cats.  The floors glitter and sparkle with the sight of a thousand arborescent Christmas ornaments.  I turn my head and see Tifa there, holding an orb in her two paws.  She immediately sees me and drops it, running from me.  I give chase as the dog lets out a frenzy of barking with a gusto that would scare even the most bad-tempered cat into obedience -- for the next few minutes.

She's under the bed and there's no hope trying to get her out now.  After all, what might I do to get her back in line?  Indeed, Gabbie still lurks around the house.  Indubitably she is likely engaged in the same nonsense.

Alas, I must pick up all the ornaments again and await the next round.  I'll faithfuly wait, typing some more with my dog at my side, waiting for Christmas morning to dawn.

© Copyright 2004 fractal007 - All Rights Reserved
froggy
since 2003-06-23
Posts 1893
Michigan
1 posted 2005-01-12 12:32 PM

I cannot believe not one person commented on this.
As an owner of two dogs and eight cats I'd like to say I really enjoyed reading this.
Thanks for the smile tonight.

:-)

Trillium
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-03-09
Posts 12098
Idaho, USA
2 posted 2005-01-12 12:21 PM

This was fun to read and I can see your pets keep you busy........especially at Christmas.  We have one dog and four cats, but I am thankful to say,  not one of them bothered the Christmas tree! Maybe they're all too old for that nonsense!

Betty Lou

Betty Lou Hebert

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
3 posted 2005-01-13 04:02 PM

A pleasant read!  I can well imagine the playfulness.
                 miscellanea

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » For My Dog and my Two Cats

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary