navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Erudition Of My Soul: The Rape
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Erudition Of My Soul: The Rape Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
JoshG
since 2004-11-16
Posts 127
TX, USA

0 posted 2004-11-17 10:51 AM

Love tested, loyalty tried, commitment required within a blink of an eye.  Whole perspectives changed within an instant of true realization of the hard life.  Only the strong survive this kind of reality.  The weakest of intentions will wither away into the depths of darkness, while the pure in character shall rise into the light of the blessed.  In situations such as these, death is a welcomed comfort to the weary soul.  Finding meaning for life becomes a daily effort for the constantly reminded.  Most cry about not having a nicer house, a faster car, a better “Life.”  Yet those who have seen deaths cruel smile in the pleasured face of an AID infected rapist can only dream of those kinds of royalties.  A real search for the meaning of life can be found hidden deep within the experiences of real pain.  Where do we find meaning and purity for our imperfect lives?  Humbly on our knees looking up with broken spirits for guidance from the true God.  When there is nothing left to lose His face becomes quite clear.

“Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts.  ‘Be strong; do not fear; your God will come, he will come with vengeance.’”

© Copyright 2004 Joshua Gordon - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2004-11-17 12:15 PM

Josh,
Well now that is an intense piece. You launch your time here with courage. Tough topic well done and welcome to PiPs.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

JoshG
since 2004-11-16
Posts 127
TX, USA
2 posted 2004-11-17 12:20 PM

Larry,

Thanks for the response and thanks for the welcome.

This is a whole series of works... some prose some poetry.  It is a sensitive topic and I hope to only inspire not judge.

Thanks,

Joshua

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Erudition Of My Soul: The Rape

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary