navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Listening to the Need
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Listening to the Need Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA

0 posted 2004-10-11 11:53 PM

Everyone who writes has something to say.  I have thought about this for awhile now.  I’ve scratched my head, and come to the conclusion that must not always be the case.  The fact of the matter is that for once in my life I really don’t feel like communicating.  Quite strange for me, indeed, being I was born under the sign of the twins!  Frankly, truth be told, there’s just nothing to put out and no place for it to come into either.  I feel like the whole universe floats just outside my consciousness and I am quite detached.  And, what am I doing?  Here I am writing.  A true paradox.  

I always thought that writing was about communicating.  But here I am writing with no desire to communicate at all.  Something in me has changed.  The writing is an act of creation now, no longer a means to communicate.  So, I suppose, I will let the creation live.  

What is it?  A story?  A truth?  

There is a new energy coming into our universe from a place beyond the Milky Way.  That energy is changing me; it is changing everything.  Even the Earth shakes beneath us.  Listen to that rumble!  The Earth has always spoken to us.  Sometimes, we have listened.  Many times, we haven't.  I doubt if the people of Atlantis were listening.  I hear it, that energy, and resign myself to accept it, knowing that it is time for this evolution.  

What will be left behind when the change is complete?  Something.  Some new creation.    

Until then, I commune with paper.  Sometimes, paper talks back.  Sometimes, it creates words like what I have merely chisseled out here.  It is like the sculpture molding itself.  I merely watch.  This sculpture is rough around its edges reflecting the sign of the times.  When the change is complete, perhaps I will find it again, soften its lines and fill in its holes.    

© Copyright 2004 J.A.A.Powell - All Rights Reserved
Midnitesun
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Empyrean
since 2001-05-18
Posts 28647
Gaia
1 posted 2004-10-12 12:06 PM

Life sculpts itself, and not always with soft edges. You've given me a ponderful write tonight. LOL, is there really such a word as ponderful? There is now. (it probably should be ponderous?)
I've been sitting here tonight, trying to piece many mental puzzles together.Your write is timely, Jo, and fits my mood.

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
2 posted 2004-10-12 12:17 PM

Isn't that just the way of it, Kacy (the timeliness)?!  These are strange days...yep, they are.  Sorry, I haven't been around much lately -- I'm in a strange place these days....think you understand.  
Namaste sweet lady.   .......jo

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
3 posted 2004-10-12 01:12 AM

iliana,
Strange thing communication. How much is heard and with such propicious timing! Interesting write...

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
4 posted 2004-10-12 01:56 AM

Larry, thanks for your very kind remarks.   ......jo
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
5 posted 2004-10-12 08:56 AM

quote:
There is a new energy coming into our universe from a place beyond the Milky Way.  That energy is changing me; it is changing everything.  Even the Earth shakes beneath us.  Listen to that rumble!  The Earth has always spoken to us.  Sometimes, we have listened.  Many times, we haven't.  I doubt if the people of Atlantis were listening.  I hear it, that energy, and resign myself to accept it, knowing that it is time for this evolution.  

You hear it, too.  I know very well where you are standing right now...I'm surprised you didn't feel me beside you.

Welcome home!

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
6 posted 2004-10-13 09:16 AM

Jo,
   Definitely food for thought.  I feel it, too.  I wonder how much of it is comoplicated by the election gitters...
              cathy

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
7 posted 2004-10-13 10:54 PM

Karilea, thanks for posting.  Sorry I haven't been around much.  Sort of in a cacoon at the moment.  love ya, SIL

Misc'e - thank you, sis.  Take care of you.  Love you, jo

Honeybunch
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-12-29
Posts 7115
South Africa
8 posted 2004-11-03 01:06 PM

"There is a new energy coming into our universe from a place beyond the Milky Way.  That energy is changing me; it is changing everything.  Even the Earth shakes beneath us.  Listen to that rumble!  The Earth has always spoken to us.  Sometimes, we have listened.  Many times, we haven't.  I doubt if the people of Atlantis were listening.  I hear it, that energy, and resign myself to accept it, knowing that it is time for this evolution."

Hi, Jo - good to see you here.  Acceptance is the only way to go but I'd so very much like to know the "why" of this new energy - what is it all for - when is it for.  Sigh!  

JL
Member Ascendant
since 2004-04-01
Posts 6128
Texas, USA
9 posted 2004-11-12 12:29 PM

"soften its lines and fill in its holes"

Ain't that the truth.  Brings it all home.
Great write iliana.

JL

She said: ”You look cute in the dark.”

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Listening to the Need

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary