navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Inspiration at 3:45am.
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Inspiration at 3:45am. Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
wllz.on.ice
since 2004-09-07
Posts 35
the united kingdom.

0 posted 2004-09-18 10:45 PM

Well, a time comes when we all decide that life means more than all we see. Life suddenly deepens and the great wide open starts to seem more plausable than it might seem before. One of the inspirational parts of life is inspiring your friends and family. Just tonight i spent an hour enlightening one of my closest friends about the stars that have taken me away in the past.

The multitude of suns that brighten our night sky seemed to glow tonight. I was preaching the cliché 'there has to be more outside of this world' story. It seems when teaching; facts and theories are like a gold mine. I like to think that my philosophy behind life and people's actions explain a lot behind the world. I explained to my friend that Charles Darwin inspired my thoughts to believe that everyones reason in life was to reproduce and create the better human. A human that would live longer, and be more succesfull a human than that of the offspring of a less fit, healthy and intelligent mother.

Of course; flawed my theory lies. And of course i question my own ideas. Despite these holes, i see a lot of life's causes and ideas (especially in america) making sense. Every action and decision can lead to the finding of the fitter, healthier (more attractive) female.
Our drive to gain a better job and find the better car is (as it seems) all in aid to attract a more suitable female for the process of natural-selection.

After a long discussion, i was confronted by a few ideas. A few ideas that make me think i might not have the world so 'worked out'. I recently saw the movie; 'The Last Samurai'. It seems that culture goes beyond that of the western. I've always wanted to live in Japan, but this movie was such a reality-check. I was explaining to my friend how things are always different when you see it from another angle.

I sometimes wish that i was omniscient. I wish i could take the unbias view on everything, but then, maybe only god can take that view.

My point here is, inspiration takes many forms, be it inspiring your close ones. Be it reading fiction, or gaining knowledge. Be it renewing your sense of difference, or maybe revealing your idiocy to yourself.

I always like to think, if your inspired, aspects of life are uncovered and opportunities arise. There is never a problem in looking towards the things we do not yet understand. All i can say is be inspired by the things that interest us. Don't shun things if they aren't what your friends 'do'.
Individuality will bring us together.

© Copyright 2004 william - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2004-09-19 12:06 PM

wllz.on.ice,
Well dang, that was pretty good. Darwin isn't that great of source for direction and truth. I enjoyed this a lot.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
2 posted 2004-09-19 12:23 PM

Good thoughts here; worth pondering Enjoyed.

and then He created the horse...

wllz.on.ice
since 2004-09-07
Posts 35
the united kingdom.
3 posted 2004-09-19 07:12 AM

thanks for reading and commenting Larry and SkyFire.

your thoughts are appreciated

miscellanea
Member Elite
since 2004-06-24
Posts 4060
OH
4 posted 2004-09-19 05:22 PM

I have always been of the western culture, but I think you are right, inspiration comes from th eunknown as well.  When I read the
Eastern poetry and folklore, I become inspired as well.
    Enjoyed your thoughts.
               miscellanea

wllz.on.ice
since 2004-09-07
Posts 35
the united kingdom.
5 posted 2004-09-21 07:16 AM

thanks mis

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Inspiration at 3:45am.

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary