navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » There was a note on my bed when you left - 3
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic There was a note on my bed when you left - 3 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kaoru
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2003-06-07
Posts 3892
where the wild flowers grow

0 posted 2004-07-23 11:46 AM

It is nearly morning, still fairly dark, but a faint light trickles across the sky. The outlines of the trees are apparent.

"I love you..

do you love me?"

"Of course I do, that's a stupid question. A good question is why am I still awake?"

"I'm not sure."

"Why are you awake?"

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

"That's so cliche of you."

"There are words that I hear you say that make me wonder if I really do appreciate your blabbering idiocy. Seriously, saying something is cliche, is cliche. However, in this instance, you're right..but that doesn't make me feel any less insulted."

"Insulted? Ha! You know..if sometimes the things I say to you seem incomplete, it's because they are.."

"I really do love you."

"I know."

© Copyright 2004 Meghan Armitage - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2004-07-23 03:08 PM

Shades of writers...
and non-writers...

and that's the fact.

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
2 posted 2004-07-23 03:15 PM

I remember this.

And still love it.

"cast me gently into the morning, for the night has been unkind"
~Sarah McLachlan~

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » There was a note on my bed when you left - 3

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary