navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Assignments From My Daughter #25
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Assignments From My Daughter #25 Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States

0 posted 2004-05-09 09:01 PM

Assignments From My Daughter #25
By Larry Chadwick

L.L. Bean wasn’t really her style. But then again that hat. She had to have that hat. It would work so perfect with her classroom. So she sat down at her computer and proceeded to write a whole sequence of topic titles. Relying on her kindergarten experience she got her scissors out and separated each title into a single paper strip. When they were folded in half they went into her hat. And the hat went to her high school English classroom. It would do her juniors and seniors good to write impromptu papers on random topics.

Assignment #25 “Prom Etiquette”:

It is a fantasy night. In fact it is probably the first major milestone fantasy in the progression of life. This is our first opportunity to make Cinderella jealous. Except for the driver’s license it is one of the original opportunities to emulate adult behavior. But it brings with it one of the greatest chances to prove one’s character. It is a building block night. A cornerstone perhaps. That is a lot of pressure to put on our youth. The pity is that some think it is an erotic fantasy night. What a tragic expectation. That is not prom etiquette. This should be life etiquette. So live the night like it is a memory-making event. Because, either way, it will be. Do it right.

May 5, 2004

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

© Copyright 2004 Larry Chadwick - All Rights Reserved
pictureme
since 2003-11-28
Posts 248
Ohio, USA
1 posted 2004-05-10 10:57 PM

Hello Larry,
ahhhh the memorys of prom. I can't agree
more with your writing. Prom is always a
memory, one way or another. I can only pray for the youth of today that their prom is a memory that lives!
pictureme :-)

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
2 posted 2004-05-11 09:04 PM

pictureme,
You know the funny part? I've never attended public school a day in my life. No prom for me. Yup, let's pray for our kids. And thank you.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Assignments From My Daughter #25

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary