navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Hang Gliding
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Hang Gliding Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
nakdthoughts
Member Laureate
since 2000-10-29
Posts 19200
Between the Lines

0 posted 2004-02-23 03:36 PM

MidAir

I watched as my heart took a dip again. That funny feeling of dread, telling me that my instincts once again were more correct than not. I watched as he traveled and left me behind always wondering why it is I don't seem to fit into his life the way I knew I could.

I find myself writing thoughts in air, so that they would disappear as my mood would change and there would be no residue left to be noticed by anyone, so I wouldn't appear as foolish as I probably am. This, taking its toll on me. A heart never on the prowl, yet open for the taking. I would have thought by now those sensual days would be over. That my need for companionship would be stronger than the desire to have more.

It was those others who put me into that mindset. Those who pursued and wouldn't give up until I was caught into a world of longing, wanting what had been lacking, although never perceived that way until flirtation took its hold on me and left me always wanting more. It was they that have me in their clutches now, anxiety always keeping me awake having to watch my steps not to tread wrongly. Which direction do I go? Where is it I wish to be led?

Turmoil resides in me. I allow for indecision because I can't move forward without first resolving my past. I can't resolve my past without first moving forward, so I turn around and around and spin once more, realizing time is running out and I am still cocooned, hanging in midair...

M

"Love is not blind - It sees more and not less, but because it sees more, it is willing to see less."
(Will Moss)

© Copyright 2004 Wynter Bliss - All Rights Reserved
merlynh
since 1999-09-26
Posts 411
deer park, wa
1 posted 2004-03-03 01:04 AM

Wind comes from a place like the heart it is somewhat mysterious when it comes freely, and not all like a genial breeze when they are wanting a whirwind.

Thanks for sharing the deeper side of yourself.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Hang Gliding

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary