navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Day one
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Day one Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Seth
since 2003-04-13
Posts 74
Arizona

0 posted 2004-01-03 05:24 PM

I awoke, confident that I would emerge from this cacoon of drunkeness, this drug ridden spiral of decay a new man with a new vision! Hell bent on making the world a better place a world where teenagers obeyed local curfews and it was safe to sleep with your doors unlocked at night. But how?
Where? Certainly not here.
---------rehab------------------------
In my new found clearity commonly associated with sobriety I find myself operating under the belief that nothing and I do mean nothing has fouled up the once beautiful face of the American landscape quite like the PT Cruiser! Upon my departure from this box I shall find the sick, twisted bird that enginered that malevolent piece of machinery and sack him.
---------relapssssss------------
Here I stagger, teetering on the very brink of whatever inevitable inevitability this stupor drags in.

~Seth

© Copyright 2004 Joshua Douglas Hurst - All Rights Reserved
Copperbell
since 2003-11-08
Posts 956

1 posted 2004-01-07 01:49 PM

interesting...I got a laugh out of the truth I see.  Dead sober we can still be outlandishly foolish. I'm not sure if that was what you were saying.
jwesley
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-04-30
Posts 7563
Spring, Texas
2 posted 2004-01-08 12:21 PM

Cute! Stupors, drunken or otherwise show us things we don't see in a particular stupor's opposite state - nor do they necessarily show us the truth...

Enjoyed the read,

jwesley

P.S. .... I think the "Bug" was much worse than the PT!

iliana
Member Patricius
since 2003-12-05
Posts 13434
USA
3 posted 2004-01-19 12:34 PM

Seth, lol.  Can't help it.  There is humor both ways!
Seth
since 2003-04-13
Posts 74
Arizona
4 posted 2004-01-19 10:05 PM

I am very happy you enjoyed this as it is such a part of myself. The first part I was concidering as a begining to a screenplay....the last two parts were writ. in rehab. I am much more happy clean.

I wish to continue the first part with a bit more sarcasm  perhaps some social comentary...any suggestions are welcome.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Day one

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary