navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Music with poetry
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Music with poetry Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
greco
since 2003-09-27
Posts 85
buffalo ny

0 posted 2003-09-28 06:01 PM

Hey all i was wondering if anyone listened to music when writing poetry and if so what kind of music
like for example i do listen to music and i listen to mostly Zwan and Smashing Pumpkins because i think they are both great poets and bring it into music form

© Copyright 2003 greg - All Rights Reserved
cuda04
since 2003-09-03
Posts 46
Wisconsin,USA
1 posted 2003-09-28 07:22 PM

I normally write poetry in an empty room--and in all honesty this post should not be in the prose section of this site, but for all writing it is normally in silence, late at night, when the cars have stopped passing and the street lights seem to have dimmed, but some music does inspire me.  I love Bright Eyes, Fountains of Wayne, and Teegan and Sara.

Always look forward, never look back, dreams are much more refreshing than regrets.

greco
since 2003-09-27
Posts 85
buffalo ny
2 posted 2003-09-28 07:43 PM

sorry if this is not in the right forum i am still getting used to this forum
what forum should this be in if you could help and maybe the mods could move it?
Thanks and sorry

cuda04
since 2003-09-03
Posts 46
Wisconsin,USA
3 posted 2003-09-29 11:46 PM

I was just thinking that since you were asking about poetry that it should be in the open poetry forum?

Always look forward, never look back, dreams are much more refreshing than regrets.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Music with poetry

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary