navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Prelude to Our Departure
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Prelude to Our Departure Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States

0 posted 2003-08-06 06:55 AM

Ginger was always prepared. Her life was lived well planned. Straight from high school into college. And right from college into graduate school. Her grades were excellent. She seemed to always be ready for final exams. So it seemed fitting that she died as she lived. She passed instantly into unconsciousness. Here mid-morning and gone late afternoon.

I remember the stories from early on about my dad. Strong willed and persistant. Life was never easy for him. However, he was eager to face any challenge and overcame all adversity. His confidence was contagious. He too died as he ived. Devastated by a massive stroke with no hope of survival he fought for a week before he finally passed on.

Four hours into a heart attack I flatlined. Just as they were preparing to use the electrc paddles to shock me back to life I came back on my own.  How typical that I would do the unexpected. Incredible that our dying can reflect so much of how we lived.

August 6, 2003

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

[This message has been edited by Larry C (08-06-2003 03:55 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Larry Chadwick - All Rights Reserved
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

1 posted 2003-08-06 08:08 AM

Larry's back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*moth happy dance*

Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

2 posted 2003-08-06 11:32 AM

How typical that I would do the unexpected. Incredible that our dying can reflect so much of how we lived.
=======================

yes.. you are incredible ...
and adored.

take care of YOU ...
rest now... no rushing back to work...
no worring about everyone else...
time for you to take a break and heal.
Thats what second chances are for...
( and someone as smart as you already knows this)

"How could I stand here with you and not be moved by you."

LH

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
3 posted 2003-08-06 11:48 AM

How typical that I would do the unexpected. Incredible that our dying can reflect so much of how we lived.

~*~

He shows us in ways we never expect how to view a miracle.  We speak of miracle babies all the time.  When we reach an age, and such an experience, we just refer to ourselves as "lucky".  But I still see the gilt of "miracle" surrounding you.

Welcome home!

Susan Caldwell
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-12-27
Posts 8348
Florida
4 posted 2003-08-06 02:12 PM

Welcome back Larry!

My question, in regards to the last line, were you really surprised?

Susan C.

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
5 posted 2003-08-07 12:40 PM

*BIG *  
I've missed you!!!

And yes of course you'd do the unexpected. I wouldn't expect any less of you

It's hard to grow up and watch your friends remain in the same mindset that you left them in

Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
6 posted 2003-08-18 10:47 AM

JM,
They wouldn't let me rush! But it is indeed a delight to be reasonably well mended. And it happened in large part because of you. Thank you dear lady.

Karilea,
Such soft, gentle words. I must confess as to the miracle part they carry much truth. I have written a couple of pieces but have misplaced the floppy disk they are on. Hmmm... (I have to carry them to work and then post.) And always I am blessed by you.

Susan,
Thank you. And in fact I was! It is so easy to go to "sleep" and so surprising to come back...

Rhonda,
Hehehehe...

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Prelude to Our Departure

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary