navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Nightmare
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Nightmare Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
SCREAMIN
since 2003-04-28
Posts 51
US, Tx

0 posted 2003-08-05 12:25 PM

A soft whisper of wind blew the stray strands of hair from my face. I slowly opened my eyes to face an open field of snow. My skin was burning hot to the touch, but I felt cold and empty inside.

A painful wail rang out. It sounded strained, as if in anguish, or torment, it was the sound of death. I jerked my head around, searching for the source, as my feet began to move. I started running. I ran from the noise, the pain, the death. The wind became sharp as knives, piercing my skin as I sprinted through the knee deep snow. The cry overwhelmed me, and a wave of terror captured me, when I realized the one screaming was I.

I stopped and fell to my knees. In the snow I sank. It consumed me, and swallowed me up. I heard the agonizing, disturbing wail once more, and the gray sky turned red.

My eyes closed for a final time, and everything was silent... still...

Such tears in a time of need, is not a reasonable term of sanity. It is but a reasonable term of human imperection. Normal is what you make it.

© Copyright 2003 Leslie - All Rights Reserved
Lexia
since 2003-07-20
Posts 111
Nowhere
1 posted 2003-08-08 10:35 PM

Ooh, very good and freaky. Just what I like. At it's current length, it's great, but you could add some more to it if you wanted. Either way, it's great.

Lexi

You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Nightmare

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary