navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Sounds of the Silence(1)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Sounds of the Silence(1) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Rainee
since 2003-04-19
Posts 10

0 posted 2003-07-29 01:34 AM

Sounds of the Silence.
--Alright, let's try this again.--impatiently sighed the cop--What...happened...here?...
Why does he keep asking? I just finished repeating it for the third time!...I'm feeling so disoriented. I just need sleep. I repeat it again, but he doesn't seem to like what he hears.
--So you're saying he just fell into your arms?
--Just fell...
The cop begins to scream at me at the top of his lungs. I look up to the sealing and shut my eyes. I don't care. He won't be able to change what happened.
I close my eyes, but it hurts to see those images that are forever carved into my mind...all I can think about is...Damien falling into my arms with that dead, glass-empty look in his eyes. Then slides down and stay on the floor, motionless.
My stomach tied itself into a knot.
--And what about the note?
The question brings me back to reality, out of my own purple-clouded world.
--What note?
--This one!--the cop waves a tiny piece of paper in front of my face.
--Is there something written on it?
--Yes, with YOUR hand!--he swings his hand as if he's trying to hit me.
Creator, let me rest...I just need to sleep!
--So what?
A river of questions and answers turns into a loud sound of a roaring waterfall. I can barely remember answering the last question. The cop is getting more and more angry with me, but not quiet enough to hit me just yet.
I look back at ceiling. I think I can almost see the design made out of symbols. Dami..my dearest...
The cop begins to ask me about our relationship and I tell him everything just the way it was. I mean even if I had something to hide, right now I didn't have the strength in me to lie. Creator. I just need some rest...I just need time, like a bird needs time to open up it's wings.
--He cheated on you and you killed him, right?
I can barely understand what he's talking about. How stupid...Damien?..My Dami? Cheated? He loved me and I loved him. We never cheated on one another. And now we both know it...
--Well talk!
--No...
--I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
--No.
--Where did the note come from?
--Dami must have written it. But I don't know what it says--I can see unhidden signs of anger in his eyes.
I try to remember, but the only thing I see in a cloud of darkness. I just need to sleep...
The cop walks out into the hallway to speak and have a smoke with his assistant.
I close my eyes and let myself slip into the darkness. The only thing still bothering me is the last look Dami had in his eyes...The fall...The body, frozen still on the floor. I ran up to him...grab him into my arms...tears flow down my cheek, then his -- pale and now ghostly-white...people ran it, begin to yell..try to pull me away from him...
I think I can almost feel him...I was sitting here, right here, this very spot...Dami sneaks up on behind me and covers my eyes with his soft, hand that always smell like flowers...It felt to real, but at the same time it was just an illusion...
The cop came back, but this time not alone. With another, very concentrated, slightly  overweight man.
--Let's try this again.--he said--What is your name?
--Damien.--I say without even thinking about it.
He looked at the cop.
--Strange--he said--before you told me that Damien was the name of a dead guy here?
--So you forgot?--asked the other man.
I could barely tell what they are saying now. My mind is slipping into the darkness.
--What is your name?--he said clearly.
This time I called out my name.
--I don't think It's going to do us any good talking to him today--said the man.--Tomorrow I'm going to get a friend of mine, a phiciotrist. He's a miricle worker. We'll see if he can make any sense of this.
--I want to talk to him--said the cop.
--Can't you see that it's useless?
--I think he's faking it.--both walked out into the hallway, but I could still clearly hear them. Dami always did have excellent hearing.--You know what he told me? It's so insane!
--What?
--They met to exchange their bodies. Have you ever heard anything this strange?
--Keep going...--said the other man.
--What, you want me to tell you everything he said?
--Defenetly.
--Something went wrong. And you see, Damien...ugh how stupid...Well the dead guy switched into his body and he couldn't. Just wasn't strong enough. Damien's body died! He's just insane!
--I see...leave him be...we'll worry about this tomorrow.
--I'd rather lock him up in a cell. People like that shouldn't be walking down the streets.
--Quiet down...I mean yeah lock his up for tonight. I have to talk to the boss about this.
--And the note?
--What note?
--Very stange one. I showed it to this guy I know. And gave him a copy of both of their's hand writings. He said that this note could be written by both of these people at the same time.
--You mean they have the same kind of hand writing?
--No...It's different. It's almost as if they are melted together. I have no clue how this could happen...
--Maybe they took turns writing?
--No...You see, he discribed it as melted. Inside the note? You can't write a note with one person starting a letter and the other finishing it, you understand don't you? At the same time with out lifting the pen from the paper. You can't even switch the pen from one person's hand to the other without making a line slightly shift.
--Alright...We'll figure it out tomorrow. I want to make it home in time for dinner...By the way what does it say? and where did you find it?
--We found it...he had it...what's his name? Gavin...--he said.--When we searched him. I didn't show it to him ether. He doesn't even seem to know what's written on it.
--Well what does it say?
--"A bird needs time to open up it's wings."
--He's crazy...
--That's what I said!
They came back and made me get up, but I couldn't walk. One of them is almost carrying me. When we get to the cell, he takes of my hand cuffs and leaves. The lights go off. I'm all alone, no one is brave enough to touch me.
Alone in the dark.
My eyes are wide opened, but now, here, these visions keep following me. Dami falls into my arms... I can't take it anymore, I can't just sit here seeing him die over and over again.
...~I fall on the floor with a loud scream. With a wave of insanity someone else's mind drowns me, someone else's soul...And I take it all in, completely...His body again falls on the floor, stays there motionless. I fall on my knees next to him, begin to cry as I grab him into my arms. A bird needs like to open up it's wings.
For a second something inside me moves and I scribble something on a piece of paper...I can't even read what it says~...
The darkness moves back. I'm not hurting anymore. I know...From somewhere inside of me rises the warmth and I know who's it is. You can't just forget something like that. That warmth belongs to Damien. My Dami.
--Don't cry...
--I'm not crying.
--I can feel tears...
--You are just thinking that. Or maybe it's you who's crying?
--It's not me!--he said slightly chuckling.
I smile back.
--We have to go...
He silently agrees.
--Tell me, this isn't an illusion is it?
--No. Why would you think that?
--I'm just afraid.
--You don't have to be afraid anymore.
--That's not exactly easy...
--But so much fun!
--Strange kind of fun don't you think?
--Quit whining
--Quit complaining...
The air outside the prison wall smelled great, cool, just a way night should be. The darkness doesn't scare me anymore, I don't see the ghost with empty eyes or the falling body.
--I feel dizzy.
--We walked through a few walls.
--I walked...
--I can do it too!
--I love you.
--I love you...
Starry night surrounds us. The moon. The bright shine of a streetlights. Distant sounds of cars. I suddenly notice the snowflakes. They fall down, leaving tiny little cold teardrops on my face.
--We don't have anywhere to go...
--There's a whole world in front of us and we are together!..
--We're together..--I echoed back.
--You'll have to get used to waking up early--he chuckled.
--And I always go to bed late.
--Hey, don't be like that!
--Look at yourself!
--I'd love to hug you right now...--he sighs.
--Me too...
And I stand in a swirl of snowflakes, under the street light, with me eyes closed looking straight ahead. I simply smile, put my arms around my shoulders and let warm, salty tears flow down my cheeks...

[This message has been edited by Rainee (07-29-2003 06:17 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Rainee - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Sounds of the Silence(1)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary