navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » zeros and ones
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic zeros and ones Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Mad_Hatter
since 2003-06-29
Posts 393
Canada

0 posted 2003-07-27 06:14 PM

Sometimes I feel like I am a machine, emotionless with a soul made of metal.  I feel my joints rust as I walk through the valleys where death was said to reside.  I want so badly to meet this monster who most fear, I wish so badly to embrace him as my own.  Perhaps through death I would become once again able to feel.  This is the digital world, where emotion is a computer screen and a heart is a computer chip; so easily ruined.  Our eyes are lights, but see no light.  Our words are pixel’s lost in the madness of the super computer world.
Sometimes I know I am a machine doing the will of those who “loved” me.  I swim through the vast oceans of tar and oil, hoping that perhaps some cloaked figure will pull me under, but I know that he will not.  For I cannot stop swimming, I cannot stop the constant movement of metal against black liquid…for I am programmed.  I talk through my computer screen, hiding real emotion with empty fonts.  They have written their lies upon my memory and filled the joints of my spine with wires; which they can pull at their will.
Sometimes I look at my fellow machine and I catch a glimpse of hope, as though they have seen the mother machine, in all her grandness.  Then the shadows of the world smother that glimpse and suffocate it with their smog.  Their love comes with a www. in front of it.  Love.com will sell you a soul, they will give you everything you ever wanted.  They will tell you where to find your false happiness and the great false hope of better times.  Though, I am just a machine with bolts for a brain and a number on the back of my neck.
Sometimes I wonder when we stopped being humans and started being mechanized bots.  For too long we have stood and watched as those above us commanded us and pointed their fingers made of rulers.  I have wanted for too long to feel the beat of a heart inside of my hollowed chest, or the warmth of the red through my veins.  I have wanted to cry tears, instead of leaking oil from my overworked joints.  They have told us since the beginning that we are loved and that we should in turn love them, but our love is expressed through mechanized voices, voices that speak zeros and ones.

© Copyright 2003 Ryan - All Rights Reserved
cusick
since 2003-07-27
Posts 668

1 posted 2003-07-28 11:27 AM

This is very interesting and rather frightening. I would hate to turn into a machine.Maggie
Mad_Hatter
since 2003-06-29
Posts 393
Canada
2 posted 2003-07-31 12:54 PM

Me too, but in ways, we already are...or maybe just I am.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » zeros and ones

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary