navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » continuation of the deepest sentiment
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic continuation of the deepest sentiment Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
tonia
since 2003-06-13
Posts 41
taiwan

0 posted 2003-06-23 07:48 AM

hi,
i dont know if you guys read the first part of it, but from the replies, i guess no one noticed it. anyway, i hope you guys enjoy this one and if you dont quite understand what im saying, you can always refer back to the first part of it, hope you like it!    

Continuation of  "the Deepest Sentiment"      
  At her age seven, her father left her and her hopeless mother and a three-year-old brother, off to a foreign country to exploit his own business. Years passed, he never came back, never called to ask if they had enough money. One day, the girl's mother received a call from the China police, telling her that her husband is put in jail and she needs to offer bail or else he wont be freed. The girl¡¦s mother found out later that it was her husband that told the China police to contact her. She felt ironic that her husband only remembers that he still has a family when he's in major trouble.

Most people are realistic and materialistic, when you're thriving and own a good reputation; they're your best friends and good buddies. When you're abortive and going downhill, they stay as far as they can away from you, afraid that you might borrow money from them. The girl's father is nothing more than any typical person; he is just as nasty and fraudulent. Starting from that day, the whole family, including the girl, her young brother and mother, has finally recognized their father's true self. The girl watched her mother silently prepare the money and set off to the bank.

Another five years has passed, she is fifteen right now. These years, she has moved to several places, transferred from one school to another. She has met different people, as well as kind, awful, terrible, and friendly people. From these people, she learned a lot, and thanks to them, she is more than mature, far from childish. Most adults say that she will become a star that will shine far and wide, radiating in all directions in the future. To her, these compliments and guarantees are not enough. What she really needs is actual help and practical effort. She has made up her mind to overcome all difficulties no matter what it takes to become successful. The girl has even modeled out her future path and plans. Graduate from UC Berkeley at twenty-two, finish graduate school at Harvard at age twenty-four. Chosen into a big company and receives a ten grand salary per month, and lives happily ever after.

What does it take to become such a successful person? It takes suffering, the hardest task anyone can endure. She has to study, no play, no fun. But, can her life really be that perfect and flawless? We shall await and see the consequences. She has never enjoyed a normal fifteen-year-old girl¡¦s fun, never went out with a guy, and never went shopping during weekends. The dreams and romantic that teenage girls dreamt of, she never got a scent of it. No one can ever understand how it hurts to pretend to be brave and strong, because she is only fifteen, has anyone ever though: how strong and flexible can a fifteen-year-old girl be? People usually tend to rate high standards on her. They have no idea that she has suffered so much pressure.

She never had a real friend, because she never opened herself to them. She only made friends with people that she could utilize their help. Later on all her friends found out that she was only being friends with them because she needed help. One after another, they all left her. She was so desperate and regretted that she was awful, so she decided to change.
To be continued...

© Copyright 2003 tonia - All Rights Reserved
Larry C
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Patricius
since 2001-09-10
Posts 10286
United States
1 posted 2003-06-24 01:08 AM

tonia,
Please don't think that you are being ignored. Not all who read reply(I read it). I am assuming you refer to this post: why i like him

The harsh reality of life is that life isn't fair. But to paint all people or all of life with the brush of our experience is to deny the possibility of growth. Not all people are untrustworthy. And not all life sucks.

Peace and courage to you. And may you accomplish your dreams.

If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

rapturedmist
since 2003-06-23
Posts 30
USA
2 posted 2003-06-24 01:57 AM

I read both pieces...and I would have to say out of the two I liked the first one more. I don't know why maybe because I could picture the girl better and relate more to her? [sorry if this wasn't helpful]
-RM

tonia
since 2003-06-13
Posts 41
taiwan
3 posted 2003-06-24 09:39 AM

hey Larry C,
thank you soooo much for your encouragements, I really appreciate it, I thought no one read my stuff, thanks!!
tonia =)

tonia
since 2003-06-13
Posts 41
taiwan
4 posted 2003-06-24 09:40 AM

RM,
thank you for reading both pieces, your comments help!
tonia =)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » continuation of the deepest sentiment

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary