navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Fool's Game
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Fool's Game Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
J. K. Mitchell
since 2002-01-12
Posts 311
GA

0 posted 2003-06-01 07:47 PM

I have been a fool.  I gambled and lost what was dear to me.

Where do I start?  

I guess with him.

He was just...it.  He was everything I wanted and I pushed him away.  

I told him that I didn't want a fairytale.  I didn't want forever.  Forever was for fools.  Let's live with what we have now.  We had fun.

Now I have nothing.

I treated him badly.  I kept him on the sidelines while I played the field.  I thought he would never find out.  It would be my little secret.  It could have worked out...if the person I was cheating on him with wasn't a friend of his.  

I didn't know it.  I didn't know until we went to a party and both of them were there.  I kept them apart for as long as I could but it was inevitable that they'd speak.  

Unfortunately I got sick and had to go home.  The love of my life stayed behind.  

I assume he found out the truth.  I haven't heard from him since.  He doesn't return my calls.  

I realized that I love him.  He's all that I want and I was an idiot.  I lost the one man who completley accepted me for me.  

I've left messages on his answering machine telling him how sorry I am.  It doesn't matter though.  He told me from the beginning if I cheated then that was it.  No second chances.  

So now I'm alone.  In love with a man who very likely hates me.  

What's a girl to do?  

I guess that's what happens when you get caught up in a fool's game.

© Copyright 2003 Jacqueline Mitchell - All Rights Reserved
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....
1 posted 2003-06-02 03:18 PM

This is really good....and I bet countless people could relate. Great write!
Luv, Liz xxx

"Gorge the honey from life, and live through the stomach aches knowing they will pass..." ~Liz Pinard 2003~

Zodikry
since 2003-06-02
Posts 6

2 posted 2003-06-02 05:11 PM

Good Job.  Just one among many lessons that can only ever truly be learned by expiriencing it.  Only then can you realy perceive the emotional consenquences.  I enjoyed your work greatly, hope to see more.  

--Matt

JamesMichael
Member Empyrean
since 1999-11-16
Posts 33336
Kapolei, Hawaii, USA
3 posted 2003-06-08 06:23 PM

You'll be better prepared for the next one...James
laurie
since 2003-05-28
Posts 153
canada, ontario
4 posted 2003-06-11 05:20 PM

good write... l like.
we all make mistakes, you know. if u luv him, and things work out, your relationship might be stronger than before. if they don't work out, and you never see him again, or whatever, you'll have the memories, and the understanding of what you did wrong...
laurie.
btw, l'm not saying it's wrong. cause l honestly don't know.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Fool's Game

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary