navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My Star
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic My Star Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
ESP
Member Elite
since 2000-01-25
Posts 2556
Floating gently on a cloud....

0 posted 2003-05-26 01:21 PM

It is a bright star, so bright that everything else seems dull in comparison. I gaze in awe at its dazzling intensity, every atom of my being wanting to reach out and close my hand around it, feel its brightness warm and tingling against my skin. Yet, if I wrap my fingers round my star, will I not cast a shadow over its light? Then let not greed overcome me, or more will swiftly turn into less.

The dazzling star blinds you to everything else. The light consumes you, sucking you into its power until you spiral out of control in a parallel universe, where no natural laws apply. Time no longer makes sense. Whatever length of time my star and I be side-by-side, it’s only a blip, a flutter of eternity, glittering then gone. Left alone, time seems never-ending in order to spite us. Time is both our best friend and our worst enemy…yet we know her cruelty is kindness in disguise: She did tell us not to ask for more but rather wait patiently till our ocean reaches its shore…
I soared near to my star last night; saw every detail of happiness, all wrapped up in a mantle of possibility. My star smiled at my eager gaze, my flushed cheek, and my enraptured smile. I fancy that sparkling starbeams flew through my eyes into my soul, lighting a fire within me. Gazing inward into that fire, I saw images leaping through the flames. Past, present and future, playing ring around the roses with me. Then the future separated herself from our merry circle, and burst into a million pieces; A million shards of crystal orbiting my star, forming a million different rainbows with his great light. Dancing round the fire hand in hand with past and present, my eyes were drawn towards this magnificent sight, and as I watched, the tiny rainbow crystals fused with one another to form a shimmering pathway and my star’s rays seemed to beckon me toward it. The dance ceased, the past and present melted back into the flames and there I stood: My bright star shining on one side, my shimmering path on the other. A sense of foreboding curled over me, for the path lead away from my star, my beautiful, brightly shining star, in whose rays such happiness surely basks. I gazed at the path, as I had gazed on my fire and my star only moments earlier, hoping to see some bend that would reassure me that eventually I’d be lead back to my star. I saw no such thing, only whispering shadows cast where my star’s light did not fall. I turned back to my star, wanting to stay as close as possible to his beauty, peace and joy, shining so brightly, silently begging him for a reprieve from this imminent separation.

He granted me one night, one special night, a glimpse, a taste of what could be. I hoped time would forget me for a while, but she duly ran her course and the night was over. My star gently pushed me toward the beginning of the path and, numbly, I walked forward, step my step, trying not to notice the deviations that lead me further from him. Then, as if by magic, the further I walked down my path, the brighter my star shone for me. Ever brighter and brighter, so that I was never walking in shadow, but in warm, glowing light. Twas then I understood. Though separated from my star, we would never be apart. Even if my crystal rainbow path never lead me this close to my star again, his light would always be with me. And so, in turn, I shone my brightest for him, silently promising myself that whatever might befall me, I would never stop shining for him. I wanted my star to know that he could always count on my light, however dim the day, however dark the night. My star shines so dazzling brightly, yet he too has shadows that creep in, trying to compromise his light. I hoped my feeble rays might help my star fight those shadows, the power of the whole stronger than either part.

Yes, I soared near to my star last night. Visions of happiness were mine for a moment in time. Now I hold the memory in my heart and it feeds the fire within; that it’s light may continue to shine brightly, like the light of my precious star. Will our lights one day lead us to where our paths may join? Maybe one day, I’ll be able teach my star to fly, then, joining hands, we’ll soar together. One light. One light so bright: The power of the whole stronger than either part. Until then, and even if then never arrives, one comforting thought remains: No matter how hard the wind blows, it will never extinguish our lights: So that, whatever happens, we can light up each other’s paths, wherever they lead.

"Gorge the honey from life, and live through the stomach aches knowing they will pass..." ~Liz Pinard 2003~

© Copyright 2003 ESP - All Rights Reserved
Richy
Member Elite
since 2003-05-03
Posts 3050

1 posted 2003-05-27 04:35 AM

Wow Liz, this story reminded me of the one time I looked at Haley’s Comet, through a kaleidoscope...

I’m sorry, I know, that was pretty bad...lol

But seriously Liz, I think you have a real talent for writing. This story was very passionate, and magical. It had a wondrous feel to it. I’d like to hear from you, what or who it was you were talking about. Whoever or whatever it is, it sure seems very important to you.  Keep writing, I’d love to read more.

Hey, guess what? Guess when my birthday is??? You give up?  It’s June 18, just like yours! I saw you post that on a thread in another post. Isn’t that funny? Now according to you, your going to be twenty years old right?. Well, I’m that old, plus 24 more. Yikes!!!!  Well 23 more, until mid June... lol

What a coincy dink huh?

Well, my birthday mate, you take great care, all right?

I’ll send you a note, on your... I mean, our birthday, OK?

Well, take care Liz,

Ooops!

I meant, Laterz,

lol

Richy

laurie
since 2003-05-28
Posts 153
canada, ontario
2 posted 2003-06-01 11:32 AM

wow. l agree... it's got a sense of hope l could never manage... l like.
laurie. (very good) hehe, now l'm off to find more of urs...

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My Star

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary