navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Then He was Gone
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Then He was Gone Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
J. K. Mitchell
since 2002-01-12
Posts 311
GA

0 posted 2003-05-19 06:07 PM

"I don't want this anymore."

Leslie looked at Jamie confused.  

"What don't you want?"

"This."  He replied guesturing to everything around him including her.

Leslie was momentairly speechless.  Was this her boo speaking?  They had been together for two years now.  They hadn't really had any problems.  They were happy...or at least she was.

She had dealt with his chaotic work schedule.  She didn't complain when business took him away from her for days at a time.    He always more than made up for it when he came home.  Maybe it wasn't just business...

"Do you really want to walk out on us Jamie?  Weren't you happy?"  He didn't reply and that made her angry.

"If that's what you really want Jamie then go.  I won't stand between you and your happiness but know this,  I am not a woman to be toyed with. When you walk out that door then you walk out for good.  There will be no coming back trying to make a happy home.  Love will not live here anymore."

Leslie had been in relationships where the guy left and tried to come back when they realized the grass isn't greener on the other side.  

"Fine."  Jamie said and headed for the door.  

Leslie sat in her chair quietly in her chair listening to his car start up and pull away.  A bitter smile formed on her lips.  A tear slid down her cheek.  

And then he was gone.

© Copyright 2003 Jacqueline Mitchell - All Rights Reserved
quatro
since 2003-04-29
Posts 392
Galveston, Texas
1 posted 2003-05-22 02:14 AM

JK,

I enjoyed your writing, I wanted to read more.  Hopefully, the next page in your life will find you in a more meaninful and cherishable relationship.  Keep writing. It helps.

quatro

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Then He was Gone

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary