navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Merry Christmas Story
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Merry Christmas Story Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Riley
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2002-07-18
Posts 1038
in the pouring rain

0 posted 2002-12-20 06:35 PM

It sad at the beginning but its get better. May not be long, or great, but MERRY CHRISTMAS!

A surge of pain comes to me. I rub my temples, trying to rid myself of this horrible headache. I have to keep going though, Christmas is here, but have I forgotten how simple it was? In the silence of 13 years, Christmas has become presents of the greatest expence, and not for the emotional joy it brings. It has come and gone, the tidal of nausea. I haven't been here in so long. I know I missed it, but I can't bring myself to come back. So many things have been done, and thrown away like a piece of trash. Mainly my emotional state of mind. I feel drained, beaten down into the lonely road, and there I stay most times. But it feels good sometimes, to just let it out. Now, I lay on my bed, smothered in cold sheets. Knowing that it is over, I can only reflect in peace. It is different now. My eyes brighten the room, as my bare lips rejoyce in smiles. The blackness has long since been gone, replaced by the yellow and gold. I am back for the moment, and I hope that it will be permanent. This is in no way a cry, because I can't cry ever if I wanted. I am stronger than that. My head is high and I know I am beautiful no matter what happens. That is my knowledge at 13 years and Christmas is here, a time to celebrate the joy and help the bad. You can nurture it back to health with the mind and heart that belongs to every man, woman, and child alike. With all that in mind, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you, one and all.

Morning mist clings to my face, and my soul opens up to you......

[This message has been edited by Riley (12-20-2002 06:35 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 Riley Grant - All Rights Reserved
vlraynes
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-25
Posts 8229
Somewhere... out there...
1 posted 2002-12-26 11:48 PM

Riley~
I am SO sorry that it took me so long to get back to this.
You already know that I love reading your poetry,
and now I love reading your prose as well.
This is a beautiful piece of writing and your
words brought it to life for me.

"My head is high and I know I am beautiful
     no matter what happens. That is my knowledge
     at 13 years and Christmas is here, a time to
     celebrate the joy and help the bad. You can nurture it
     back to health with the mind and heart that belongs to
     every man, woman, and child alike."

There is so much truth in these words, and you've
expressed it beautifully.
I am always impressed by the maturity of your knowledge
and wisdom.  You are quite an amazing young lady.

Happy Holidays to you, Riley.  I hope your
Christmas was the best one yet and that the new
year will bring you nothing but happiness.
Hugs,
~Vicky

"...until you have read the verse on his heart,
you have not truly met the poet.
~vlraynes

[This message has been edited by vlraynes (12-26-2002 11:49 PM).]

EleanorMoonbaby
since 2002-09-02
Posts 202
England, UK
2 posted 2002-12-27 04:24 PM

Howdy-ho Riley.
I know it's a couple of days late, but happy christmas! Hope the fattie in the red suit was good to ya!
Right.....now.....what have we here......mmmmm.......yes....... OK, I like this piece. I'm not sure whether the reference to headaches and nausea were meant to be taken literally or metaphorically, but they were pretty effective. Liked the optimism, and it's nice to see that you can see one of the true meanings behind Christmas. My version of Christmas (Yule) is a celebration of the Holly King being overthrown by the God of Spring (Beltaine), and the days getting longer. I lurve this religious stuff...... anyways, I'm thinking of using this forum as a sort of holiday home. Moderators, am I allowed to pop in here occasionally and post the stuff I can't make into poetry? Thanks.
Erm.... oh yeah, I'm rambling. Well, see ya.
EllieAfterTooMuchCoffee

"I'm terribly sorry ma'am,  my karma just ran over your dogma"

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Merry Christmas Story

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary