navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Subtext
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Subtext Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
beckly
since 2002-11-06
Posts 6

0 posted 2002-12-13 06:45 PM

An embedded message for J:

I have discovered a way to circumvent the currents that conspire to keep me from communicating with you.  Although the censors continuously comb my communications for possible transgressions, I knew that I must reach you.  They say that I am not well.  

The loss of you was a devastating blow, I admit.  So many times I have wanted to pick up the pen to write you, even knowing it could not be so easy.  During many sleepless nights, and wet with my own tears, I designed the transmission device.  Of course, the gathering of the components had to be clandestine.   If there had been any indication of my intentions…well, I don’t have to tell you.  I painstakingly placed the objects in such a way that they would appear to a casual observer to be randomly distributed across a field.  Only when regarded carefully can the implicate order of the placement be apprehended, and thus the message be conveyed.  The meaning of the transmission must be received at once, or not at all.  Each piece in itself signifies nothing, but together they form the litany of your name that echoes in my soul.  It matters not if you are the one to receive my message; only that it is seen.  In this way, all will know of my love, even the dirt upon which I have written.  Your absence is an emptiness that taints my every moment.  Who do I talk to now but myself?

You must come to me so that I may rest my head on your thighs; only then will I again know peace.

(Note:  This transmission was intercepted by three separate observers, none of whom have any immediately apparent relationship to either the conspirator or the intended recipient of said illicit transmission, at the park on 7th and Truman, Duende, between 18 December 01 and 15 June 02.)

© Copyright 2002 R L Beliak - All Rights Reserved
EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
1 posted 2002-12-13 09:48 PM

An embedded reply for B,

I recieved your transmission. Be careful Beck. You dont want them to catch you doing it. You know how they treat transgressors Keep your head low and keep things quiet. I dont want you getting in trouble just for sending me a message. I know where you are. Me and D have the rover ready. We are prepared. We're coming for you. You will know when it is time.

- J

EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
2 posted 2002-12-13 09:50 PM

this is interesting.
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Subtext

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary