navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Pain with a voice
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Pain with a voice Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
dalainn
since 2002-10-06
Posts 6

0 posted 2002-10-06 02:10 AM

I really do not consider this a poem but more like my thoughts. I hope you like it.

PAIN WITH A VOICE
-----------------
I like to make individuals feel good about them selves but I can’t even make myself feel worthy. Its strange how my own advice is excellent for others but not really respectable for me to apply in my one-dimensional existence. Is this because I recognize that this advice will work but I am truthfully scared to death to even make an effort. Or perhaps I have lost desire to try because that word “TRY” is worn daily and for so many years has failed me or simply does not bring about good things. I know one thing, I do try, I try vigorously everyday but at the closing stages of the day it cascades into the hands of its inventor. Shattered pieces of empty words fall repeating themselves; you should of, you would of, why didn’t you, it’s just not good enough.

I have accepted this certainty knowing that everybody will for eternity think the same. My mentality has been programmed to acknowledge failure at all times. My dead body reacts to specific situations in the incorrect way and builds a self-protective wall. My emotions are hidden in the oceans of my soul and carved into my heart. I will not tolerate you to penetrate what is sacred to me because you will only harm it and eventually destroy it. You are slightest to a human being but yet a monster that feeds on the pathetic. You stride slowly, operate quickly, and show aggression with a silent weapon. You are my friend but in my world a friend ultimately kills his brother and laughs about it. You assume I will graze it of and resume steering a vessel that has a crack and seems to be sinking. I say laugh now but cling to your laughter because a sinister darkness has arrived to preoccupy your every move since that day. You will be dead to the world knowing of the pain you have caused me and will definitely see your day in my court.

A light has been born distant from my dark horizon. It all seems to be disappearing now and the fog has been cleared away. I can raise my eyes and catch sight of the blue sky; I can feel the gentle wind laying hands on my soul. The voice has awakened me from my pain and suffering. My sinful side has rendered itself to all I feel safe in. This realm of peace and tranquility has sheltered me and made me feel whole. I can sense being transformed and I feel the emotions that were once hidden dry to shore. The hatred in my heart is no longer present and my shield which frightened people away has been destroyed. My expressions which were my swords to inflict damage have been vanished into the unknown. Whatever you are; you have made me sane again.

Reality shines a bright light and speaks; awaken the [edited] up you day dreamer. This isn’t your light of hope it’s merely a reflection of what you can’t possess and what you can’t accomplish. You are to me nothing but filth in which I step on and [edited] on. I am PAIN; I am what you can’t get relieved of and will always rest by your side for better and more than ever worse. You are nobody but a mere fool who has exposed himself again to heartache and suffering. Yes, I attacked with a silent weapon and destroyed your vessel that you thought you steered. Pathetic you are for taking your own guidance and spiraling downhill. MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE TRIED HARDER THEN MAYBE YOU WOULD HAVE DEFEATED ME AND WHY YOU DIDN’T I ALREADY KNOW; YOU JUST AIN’T GOOD ENOUGH.  

[Edited by Moderator]

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (10-06-2002 01:58 PM).]

© Copyright 2002 dalainn - All Rights Reserved
Succubus
since 2002-09-30
Posts 82
Canada, Ontario
1 posted 2002-10-06 12:58 PM

Firstofall- what you wrote here is very true; sometimes it's hard to practice what you preach.  Secondofall- maybe life is a lesson or perhaps many lessons you must learn, and as you learn to cry and laugh and cope with your pains, you become stronger.  Life is so very short, why not enjoy it?  You are your own best friend!!!  "You are your own rainbow."  Thirdofall- Great stuff.  I love your style.  
Lator

dalainn
since 2002-10-06
Posts 6

2 posted 2002-10-06 02:56 PM

Thanks a lot for your reply
I appreciate it.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Pain with a voice

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary