navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Other Side
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Other Side Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
1slick_lady
Member Ascendant
since 2000-12-22
Posts 6088
standing on a shadow's lace

0 posted 2002-09-14 01:07 PM

The Other Side

Eleven months and fourteen days I still sit somewhat green in my stance. Living alone is a journey I am learning with trial and error ability. Balancing alone and lonely, for I have been lonely with another before and promised myself that would never happen again. And no matter what the rest was, good or bad, it was the past and that door was slammed and triple locked and I finally didn’t miss it. I am now drawn to new dreams and depend on myself to make them come true. Strength CAN be a weakness. It, in itself can make you alone in getting what you need for a life. You cannot compromise yourself. This trip is taking me places I never realized. Teaching me lessons I never knew before or maybe in my blindness never saw. What I once deemed as selfishness in myself I now see as self-preservation, and relationships be it lovers or friends are true choices of my own. Real friends are precious gifts we give ourselves. Lovers can come and go but true friends vine your heart and steady your soul to what is real. I have been a lifetime in that candy store of friendships and some were no more than glistening pieces of painted rock, or the parasite mistletoe that reaches to your spirit for kisses and to be closely held to only eat off of you and seep into your very sap. Then there are truly beautiful winds that blow through our lives. Untamed. Wild and reckless and fill us with melodic music touching our chimes. Never to be captured then flowing to another place, later feeling a familiar moment and just happy to have felt it. I sometimes wonder what is beyond for me. I don’t know what is on the other side of this new journey of mine, so I sit here in my stance of green.  

I’m not disappointed,  I never expected anything from you.

© Copyright 2002 Helen Chambers - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2002-09-14 01:36 PM

smiles.

Trying to restrain myself at the "lovers come and go" line--

Remember Madelaine Kahn singing in Blazing Saddles:

"I've been with thousands of men,
again, and again--
they promise the sun and the moon...
They're always coming and going,
and going and coming--
and always too soon!"

And I apologize for seeming to "poke fun." This is a heartfelt, soul-searching bit of prose, and beautifully written Helen.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Other Side

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary