navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Something in the Way (not even sure what it is, but it ain't no poem)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Something in the Way (not even sure what it is, but it ain't no poem) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Anvrill
since 2002-06-21
Posts 710
in the interzone now

0 posted 2002-08-19 09:51 AM

The title references a Beatles song, not a Nirvana song.   I have no clue what this is. It just happened at work last night. You can make yr own assumptions as to who 'she' is.

Something in the Way

She is a sensual girl.

The way she touches things as she passes, trailing the tips of her fingers; holds her hands as though to feel the air. An assurance that the world around her is complete, that everywhere there is something to feel.

The way she raises her head, and her eyes follow slowly. A lazy, sensuous gaze; an unconscious behaviour she will sometimes catch, but never correct.

The way she tastes everything, lingering on her lips and tongue. A compulsive need to feel the pressure of something in her mouth.

The way she moans at the intricacies of music, a catch in breath; a broken tone. An unwilling response as she is overcome, flooded by sound and sensation.

The way she remembers a person by their smell, their close-up surrounding warmth. A way to recall, reminisce; get carried away as it comes back to her.

An addiction to touch, taste; to sight and sound and smell. Almost too aware to the world around, but displaced all the same.

She is a sensual girl.

i'll be waiting for you
do exactly what you're told

jm

[This message has been edited by Anvrill (08-19-2002 09:54 AM).]

© Copyright 2002 LL Hager - All Rights Reserved
bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

1 posted 2002-08-19 11:38 AM

Wow.  Like the self-portrait, babygrrl! *kiss* Your writing continues to expand ... which always seems impossible because of how rich it already is ... and yet you bring it up again.

I love you so much.

Mikhail

Anvrill
since 2002-06-21
Posts 710
in the interzone now
2 posted 2002-08-19 03:19 PM

I wrote this after a customer thought I was coming onto him 'cause of the way I looked up after typing things into the till; the way I do every single time I hafta look down at something. I sorta started paying attention to myself after that, and noticed I do a lot of hand things too. I can't even fully explain what they are! And I only do 'em when my nails are nice'n'long. And another thing that happens with long nails: I suck on 'em. Never thought to stick my fingers in my mouth (at least, not since childhood), but I suck away quite contentedly at my nails.

I think I may be craaaaazy.

i'll be waiting for you
do exactly what you're told

jm

bsquirrel
Deputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-01-03
Posts 7855

3 posted 2002-08-19 03:38 PM

Must be nice to be female. I'd like some of that feeling of non-repulsion of how I look. Self-inspired, of course.
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
4 posted 2002-08-21 05:44 PM

there is something in the way you wrote this Anvrill that makes it a joy to read.
Kethry

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Something in the Way (not even sure what it is, but it ain't no poem)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary