navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » a contemplative thought
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic a contemplative thought Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
GOlDsparklESS
since 2001-12-13
Posts 428
central nj

0 posted 2002-08-09 04:40 PM

If all the trees of the earth were pens and the oceans ink, with many more oceans for replenishing them, the colloquy of God would never come to end. –Hakim Luqman

A flower is a flower

Despite fading will never become a thorn.

Sublime touch

Silent grace

Higher self

Face to face

What is this solemn acceptance of what is not so?

Obsessive grounds, ego’s play

Hell, without a ray?

What am I anyway?

A reined existential body, a chromosomal soliloquy, a mere girl dappling with obscure rationality?  

Or…

An essential soul!  Supreme, subtle, wholly free of this woeful, pitiful calamity called “life on earth.”  (by all the rarified, vibrant saints daring to show the way)

Truly, an inner bliss exists on a distant plane.  A celestial wish… I yearn to disregard a weary façade, perishable, desecrating facet of humanness.

A presumptive perception contrasts starkly with peace.  Is this journey endless until my last breathe, or is there a glimmering consistency, a stage, cleansed in hope?  Will this stream surge forth into the ocean?

Prayer follows a certain pause; a quieting of electrified mental energy.  

Blessings granted this journey; which is embarked endless.  My stream will not dry up, but flows towards origin. Time immortal couldn’t stop this enquiry.

I continue to rise; one wave, a wick to dispel darkness.

© Copyright 2002 Manisha Narang - All Rights Reserved
Janet Marie
Member Laureate
since 2000-01-22
Posts 18554

1 posted 2002-08-10 12:39 PM

A flower is a flower

Despite fading will never become a thorn.
==================================
Blessings granted this journey; which is embarked endless.  My stream will not dry up, but flows towards origin. Time immortal couldn't stop this enquiry.
====================================

more than one "contemplative thought" ...
several very lovely ponderings and poetic wanderings of your inner thoughts...you have used some wonderful images, phrases and metaphors to create this serene read.
Love the flower/thorn analogy...very deep and cool.
take care
jm

If all the tear drops went to heaven
And if all the pain was confined ...
Would I be your salvation
could I make your spirit shine.

KWSB

paper doll
since 2002-08-04
Posts 133
Floating on Uncertainty
2 posted 2002-08-10 10:34 PM

Wow. This is fantastic. Like janet, I loved the flower/thorn analogy. Such a simple concept and yet you've pulled it off with such ease. There are too many sections with brilliant imagery to pull out but know that I enjoyed every single bit of this.

Wow, thank you for the read.

~M

Imagination=nostalgia for the past, the absent; it is the liquid solution in which art develops the snapshots of reality.

GOlDsparklESS
since 2001-12-13
Posts 428
central nj
3 posted 2002-08-12 02:30 AM

Thanks to both of you for appreciating my innerness!  
Kethry
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-07-29
Posts 9082
Victoria Australia
4 posted 2002-08-13 10:05 PM

good analogies and I like the way your mind contemplates.
Kethry

Here in the midst of my lonely abyss, a single joy I find...your presence in my mind.  Unknown

EagleScorpion
since 2000-03-08
Posts 1644
Here, Now, Forever
5 posted 2008-09-07 07:54 PM

!

i must say..this is superb.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » a contemplative thought

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary