navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Cold warm hot Freeze
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Cold warm hot Freeze Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
fractal007
since 2000-06-01
Posts 1958

0 posted 2002-05-07 11:31 AM

It is in here that I am I am.  

The patient lie on his bed in that cold room, with electrodes attatched to every concievable part of his skull.  He looked like a log with a cactus growing out the front.  I thought that was pretty funny.

I can resurrect the dead and kill the immortal.  I will bring about revolutionary change and keep still the stagnant waters of a world of tradition.  You are my patient, green and blue dot.

The lines on the diagram slowly wiggled peacefully.  Occasionally a computer would chatter, letting everyone know that joe public was still being watched.

On days where invasions come I like to fend them off with a stick ripped from a tree sitting somewhere in the desert.  The sun rises and sets at my command and the smoothe flow of nature ignores me.  It's my world and my life.  Cells and neurons are indifferent.

The guy slept peacefully there, occasionally letting out a snore or twisting in his bed.  What was the big deal with this anyway?  People just had nothing better to do than stare at these charts with moving waves of ink.  They said they indicated brain waves and functions.  But what was the point?  

Clouds are mine and rain falls at its own accord.  Whether is not a possession but rather a phenomenon.  Why can't you get that through your head?  Sometimes trees will sprout when wizards command them.  Other times the seeds will fail and life will die in the cradle.  Those wizards often walk away in shame and humiliation!

Its concept and idea would run in my mind for aeons.  They thought they could do something with their time, but they just squandered it with paper covered in black ink and sleepy dead logs on lazy quilted squares waiting to be ejected into space.  Some day the nurse would snap her fingers and the log would sit up and be a man again.  Some day we would be able to go back to work and go back to sleep where everything is comfortable.  

Oh, there you are you big slobbery thing.  Your eyes are big and your mouth is straight.  You look like a thing called a person.

I laid my head on the pillow and fell into the land of nod.  

My oasis.

"If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh"

-- Magus

© Copyright 2002 fractal007 - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Cold warm hot Freeze

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary