navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » There I Laid
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic There I Laid Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
aries_luv_ppl
since 2001-09-20
Posts 1448
Universal Mind

0 posted 2002-02-02 03:19 PM

I was drinking a cup of coffee when I heard some loud voices rushed into my ears. They were noises of the society. Anxiety of daily work, pressure from peers, envy from colleages, hatre of nations, dirty of trades, corruption of government, of all these were banished from my world to an eternal dream.

One might think in eternal dream, it was a garden of flowers and scents of perfume with one sleeping among petals that laid on her cloud, but when I awoke laying on a chair, I found myself within a house with soft music of piano and nature accompanying each other singing a solace to my heart. The tune was so peaceful and quiet that I fell asleep. When I awoke again, it was sunset. I looked out the window to glance at the ocean and horizon. The tides were calm; no ships travelled. Only birds were stirring. The hue of the evening curtain of sky is divided by stairs of clouds. The upper steps were apple cheeks of a shy child who was just about to sing a solo; the lower steps were golden leaves which had fallen to the ground. The sun was like a bronze mirror of the moon in the sea. The moon was still resting in her bed where tides were ready for a ball with the last beam  of sunlight clothing their skin. I closed my eyes for meditation. Though I had not have foods nor dinks, I was not hungry nor thirst.

When I opened my eyes again, it was dark. The plain white moon contrasted the solemn black of my some time lonely sky, now my past. The moon stood still but the darkness could not fold his arms around her. She was not alone though, for her shadow upon the tranquil ocean with mild light reflecting the moon's likeness was always by her side; just as God always with us. I sighed at this beautiful sight as I heard the grasshopper singing an evening prayer. As I turned my head sightly left, I saw a flute was placed on the grand piano. Just as I was finding a way to stop the paino solo, it stopped. I went and picked up the flute and tried to sound out some notes. To my surprise, I who had never learned anything about music in my life was now playing out a pleasant tune to my ears. While my ears relaxed, my confidence grew- I could do the impossible. As I performed, I closed my eyes. Then in a sudden, I heard the whisper of dove. I opened my eyes and dropped the flute for all the my dearest memeories played before my eyes. I was shocked and happy but painful and horrified ones I could not remember. I questioned myself of some doubts, and all my misunderstanding was resolved. I heard the confession and hiden reasons that I ahd not heard before, and witnessed the scenes and hearing that I had not known. I cried in reliefs and in missing. I knelt and prayed for forgiveness when a light spotted my eyes. I covered my head with  one hand as a voice said all my sins had long been forgiven. Then before my eyes were my family and friends.

My daughter told me, I was just having a long sleep that we would meet together very soon. The next thing I knew I was laying in my home chair with my family surrounding me. I sat up and poured a cup of coffee.

//So What do you think of it? What do you think of the ending? Think he has died? I think so.

Eliza Simmons
~Flower lasts so an hour, yet spring will brings her back to life again.

© Copyright 2002 Eliza Simmons - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » There I Laid

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary