navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Life Thoughts..(Please give me feedback, it's for a book that I'm going to write)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Life Thoughts..(Please give me feedback, it's for a book that I'm going to write) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Ladycat
Deputy Moderator 5 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 1999-07-05
Posts 782
At the edge and a doorway,TX

0 posted 2001-11-27 09:17 AM

Well, it's another one of those nights for me. I don't know what's running through my head, but I know that my mood swings are getting worse.  I can feel all the muscles in my body tightening and releasing over and over again. My head pounds repeatively.  I can hear the sounds of children screaming and stopping suddenly and leaving silence. What am I to do? What am I to say? In some strange way I feel trapped in an akward body form. Tonight, I will feel ugly, weird, pouty, whiny, and later I'll cry about everything that I can't change. Tomarrow, I'll sit and wonder what life is for and the wonder more why I'm here. I feel like the little girl who was forced to grow up too fast. I want to play too.  As another scream comes from nowhere. I feel lonely. Sometimes, I feel unloved, but that's all in my head.  I guess I want all the silly trauma to fade away. I want to get married again, but this time it has to work. I want a good paying job; one that won't only pay the bills, but one that will that will have money left over for me to take a big family vacation. I want a house and a dream.  Most of all I want a family.  A REAL family of my own. Is that too much to ask for? I think that more or less I just hate having to start over when my field of dreams catches on fire. ME ME ME!
Some people say that I'm selfish, but I want what I want too. I want to make sure that I'm happy in life too. Others can have their dreams and i'm going to have mine one day.

Live in my world just once and you'll find yourself enraptured.

© Copyright 2001 Vynette M. Charles-Brooks - All Rights Reserved
serenity blaze
Member Empyrean
since 2000-02-02
Posts 27738

1 posted 2001-11-29 07:13 AM

Nice start here. I too, love to write in internal dialogue. Would love to see more descriptive details, but will save the rest till after I've read part two. See ya in the next thread! grin....
Allan Riverwood
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2001-01-04
Posts 3502
Winnipeg
2 posted 2001-11-30 01:26 AM

This isn't exactly my taste of writing, but I see and acknowledge the style you were aiming at.  It's popular in some circles.
I don't see much officially wrong with this, but I will say that you should eventually move it into a less frantic and more focused form of expression on the part of the narrator.  Gradually, but not too gradually.
Best of luck.
~Allan

"I know it's nice to be known - It caresses your ego - but the society cost is terrible."
~Vangelis

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Life Thoughts..(Please give me feedback, it's for a book that I'm going to write)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary