navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My subconscious mind and I
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic My subconscious mind and I Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
dreamer1 12 5 24
since 2000-12-11
Posts 150
crossing between

0 posted 2001-11-16 09:33 PM

It's odd the way that others can see things about someone that they could not see about themself. I thought I was "fixed". I assumed I had dealt with my problems, and I was through them, end of story.

Unfortunately for myself, I was told today that I don't think I deserve happiness. Now that I think about it, its true. Subconsciously, it is the foundation I build my life on. I see it in the way I act, the way I speak, the way I think of others.

Such is my life. A whirling torrent of despair, out of my control, my subconscious mind playing tricks on me. I learn more about my subconscious self everyday. I really don't like it very much. My subconscious self, that is. It is twisted, convinced I am nothing, and the thought seeps through into all that I am - my actions, my thoughts, my emotions, my heart. I do firmly believe that I am nothing.

I suppose that is how I found myself here, writing this all so I can let it out, remember it. Or perhaps I write because of some other reason my subconcious mind has conceived, which I will no doubt learn of from someone else in the future. In any case, it is all written now, or all that I know about it, and all I can do is pray that I stay afloat in this confused madness, where my tears are my only comfort.

The day is brighter, but the dawn is sweetest.

© Copyright 2001 Adam Everett - All Rights Reserved
dreamer1 12 5 24
since 2000-12-11
Posts 150
crossing between
1 posted 2001-11-16 09:39 PM

I realize my title could use some help, so any suggestions would be helpful.

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
2 posted 2001-11-17 09:34 AM

How about "The Foundation of Me"?

I'd like to see you expand this a bit - give us some details!!!  

dreamer1 12 5 24
since 2000-12-11
Posts 150
crossing between
3 posted 2001-11-17 09:53 PM

Do you really want details? Let me think about that for a while... where should I put more detail?

Thanks

dreamer

-Stacey Leonard

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » My subconscious mind and I

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary