navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Anagram Granny's Art Goes 'Inside'
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Anagram Granny's Art Goes 'Inside' Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Accordionmaid
since 2001-10-28
Posts 153
MA/USA

0 posted 2001-11-03 07:00 PM

Granny and Nag Hen snuck in through a side door of the art museum.  It was the Annual Juried Art Show, and Granny would have used the front door, but, as had happened for the past several shows, her exhibitor's application had been sent back to her, unopened, stamped "Return to sender."  They knew who she was.  She'd been allowed in, one year.

Nag Hen was her extremely new boyfriend.  Fortunately, they probably wouldn't recognize him, and maybe they  would even be curious about his artistic abilities, which might make up for her own.

"If they call me a gate-crasher," said Granny as she set up her latest painting, 'Country Sunset,' "I'm gonna turn 'em all into cows eating grass.  Just like your favorite painting, Nag Hen!"

"I ran outta green paint," Nag Hen muttered, "So I hadta do the 'Cow Eating Grass.'  Hey, Gran, I think it'd look cool if you LIT YOUR MOTIF from behind, you know, like an actual sunset."

A small crowd had gathered in front of her exhibit.  Granny flashed them all a grin and exclaimed loudly, "Ha, ha!  How's about I light my behind?  Ha!"

The crowd quickly dispersed, leaving only the museum's director and a police officer.  They stood there and glared, maybe with just the slightest intermittance of fleeting sympathy.  Poor, old crazy woman...

"Oh," sulked Granny. "I see this is no place for any HOT JOKE BUMPING.  You know, you rich, snooty types with your money coming out your ears, maybe you'd prefer my boyfriend's art instead of mine.  NAG HEN GREENS INDISCRIMINATELY..."

"Oh, shut yer trap, woman!"  yelled Nag Hen.

THAT BEGAN MANAGER ANARCHY.  The cop grabbed Granny firmly by one arm and the director grabbed her other arm, while she flailed and screamed her way to the door.  The front door, no less, where dozens of stunned, staring art-lovers recoiled to the sides of the entrance to let them through.  Nag Hen was ordered to take 'Country Sunset' and follow along with his Beloved.  

"What do you think I am, the door-prize?  Let go of me!"  Granny ordered.  "And ain't there a door prize?  Don't I win something?  You're so cheap..."

"Lady, you keep this up, and we'll see that you WIN SINK RUMMAGE," said the cop.

"Definitely 'outside art,' you are,"  scoffed the director, " and we have no need for you and your boyfriend to continue bugging us."

"Bugging you!"  cried Granny indignantly, as they closed the door on her and Nag Hen.  "How is HAIR-CRAWL RELEVANT?  And, my hair's clean.  I washed it just this morning.  Nothing left in it but a little turpentine, that's all..."

"Granny, let's go," said Nag Hen, tiredly.  "There's always next year.  And, hopefully, you'll have another new boyfriend by then."

Granny sighed and quit talking.  Shut her trap.   Why did it always seem to end this way?
~~~~~  ~~~~~

I have written a couple of these 'Anagram Granny' stories, which are built around some of my poetry/article titles put into anagrams.

The CAPITALIZED phrases used in this story are anagrams of the following titles (some which are now offline):

HOT JOKE BUMPING -- The Jumping Book

NAG HEN GREENS INDISCRIMINATELY -- Silence And The Ringing In My Ears

WIN SINK RUMMAGE -- Waking In Summer

LIT YOUR MOTIF -- (F)Utility Room

THAT BEGAN MANAGER ANARCHY -- Anagram Granny At The Beach

HAIR CRAWL RELEVANT -- Lawn Chair Traveler

© Copyright 2001 Wendy Stanford - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2001-11-17 09:37 AM

I guess I'm a bit confused by this. Why was Granny not allowed to show her work?
Accordionmaid
since 2001-10-28
Posts 153
MA/USA
2 posted 2001-11-17 02:53 PM

Poet DeVine...you know, I'm not really sure why!  Anagram Granny is just sort of a 'rearranged' type, like anagrams....which I used as phrases.

Although this IS meant to be a characterization, that's almost secondary -- it was more to use the anagrams.  Just sort of a vignette of 'a day in the life of --'.

I have another one, Anagram Granny At The Beach, but I never continued with my series!  Don't know if I will, I got kind of bored with it.  That's why I was playing with anagrams in the first place, though!

Accordionmaid
since 2001-10-28
Posts 153
MA/USA
3 posted 2001-11-19 09:36 AM

I see that my anagram link has changed into something that has no obvious connection with anagrams.  It WAS there!!  Anyway, a search will get you some other anagram sites.  I think I've also used Anagramgenius.
Accordionmaid
since 2001-10-28
Posts 153
MA/USA
4 posted 2001-11-19 09:44 AM

I have my other Anagram Granny story posted.  But, it's at my site at http://www.postpoems.com/members/accordionmaid
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Anagram Granny's Art Goes 'Inside'

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary