navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » 2nd chapter to the first below{have not named this book yet, I apologize}
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic 2nd chapter to the first below{have not named this book yet, I apologize} Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
alibaster
since 2001-07-07
Posts 299
In my own private hell...(PA).

0 posted 2001-10-29 08:20 PM

The evening seemed so very long as Trissa sat in her bedroom at her mahogany writing desk and wrote in her journal. The words seemed to pour from the ink jar onto the paper as her thoughts were consumed by Alister… she wrote:

Sunday…The Day of Regret,
     Why am I such a fool? I cannot even speak properly to the one man whom holds my heart. Does he even know, I wonder, how it is that I truly feel for him? Does he do all that he does for me out of simple amusement to his existence? At times I wonder how appalling he finds me, how incredibly cruel and cold-hearted he thinks me to be.

…And how, just how is it that my beloved Alister knew to place the creamer, sugar, and above all sugared biscuits on the tea table? Does her follow me on my liaisons, sneaking around in the shadows and inquiring of me after I depart a place? No, this cannot be, after all of this time I would have noticed him, heard him, some one would have mentioned a man asking of me. How then, how is it that he does these things?

…And he treats me so very well, as though I deserve his treatment, yet I know that I do not. This creature, beast, daemon, thing, whatever name you wish to give it, does not deserve any bit of kindness. Notably not kindness from one such as Alister’s.

…Will I never know his warmth against my skin, never feel his love, touch, and embrace about my body? Oh, what it would be to lay with him, to inhale his scent for an entire eve. What it would be to never have to leave his presence again!

Fool…I am a fool! How could I expect such things of him? He must have some sort of object for his affections. I am foolish to think that he has remained alone for all of this time.

…NO! I shudder at the thought of him even laying his beautiful hand upon another’s skin. Oh, my jealousy has no right to bear within my heart. I do not own him or possess his heart…
Foolishly wishing on another regretted Sunday…Trissa

She lay down her pen with wishful thoughts and prepared for bed, though she knew attempting
sleep would be fruitless in the end. Thinking of how cold her bed would be for Alister were not here to warm it as he did and the maid never would dream of such a thing, partly by Trissa own doing for she had forbid any of the servants to enter her private chambers with threat of dismissal and no further recommendations for them.

As she lay her head down and drifted slowly off to sleep her dreams were invaded not with peaceful thoughts of Alister, but with the visions of the uncountable men whom she had met over the past ten years. Their faces danced in her dreams, blood ridden and horrifying with their screams echoing endlessly thru her mind.    

Awakened by the maid knocking loudly upon her door with concerns of if Trissa were all right, she wondered if the nightmares would be endless. She told the maid all was well and that she should return to her quarters. Trissa sat silently staring at her own hands and wondering how she could continue to go on harboring such a daemon within her, yet knowing there were not other way to pacify the need and hunger she holds.

The candlelight’s shadows danced slowly on the wall as Alister drank his tea sitting quietly in his private room in his purple gentlemen’s chair. He thought of his duties ahead and shook his head slowly as he dreaded having to cart the hot water buckets up the stairs to the room above. Not that it in itself was laborious, for it truly was not to him, but for the fact that he would have to remain so long in the room that smelled of Trissa, of Lavender oil and her skin.

Finishing off the last of his tea he gathered two buckets of hot water from the fire, some torn bed
linens for cleaning clothes, rolled up his sleeves, slipped on his shoes without his stockings, stepped out his door shutting it tightly behind himself with his foot, and headed up the stairs to the room above.

Setting down the buckets he fished the decorated key from his vest pocket unlocked the door,
pushed it gently open and stood as if tethered to the spot he was in. His eyes roamed the content of the room as his muscles tensed under his pale skin. He slipped his shoes off just outside the door and let his bare feet feel the cool wood; no need to have to clean this shoe bottoms later, now was there? Reaching down and just outside the door he picked up the buckets of hot water and took them to the middle of the room before placing them and the linen clothes on the floor. Turning around he ran his fingers thru the top of his brown locks and he gently pushed the door closed latching it after.

Alister wondered if Trissa knew how the smells of the blood filled his nostrils and enticed his senses as his mouth watered. He, too, wondered if she knew that he loved her more than existence itself. He inhaled deeply and the smell of Lavender oil mixed with stale blood filled his lungs and mind.

First he tended to the fire to take the damp chill from the room. As he poked at the kindling with the iron poker he seemed oblivious to the horrific scene laying about him. The fire grew strong as he added a few logs from the iron box next to the hearth. He placed the poker back in its holder and prepared to go about his chores.

Alister stepped with light steps across the floor bending down to the rug he took the cloth wrap that he knew Trissa had slept in and placed it into the fireplace and took in the smell as the cloth singed and began to disappear into the flames with loud crackles and snaps. His bare feet then padded lightly to the tea area and he gathered the cups, saucers, sugar bowl, creamer, tea pot, and larger bowl that had contained sugar biscuits and placed them into one of the empty water buckets to be washed in his room when he returned.

His bare feet left bloody prints about the room mixed with and atop of Trissa’s as he went on with his cleaning. He would leave the floor for last, as it must be done on his hands and knees to rid the wood of the bloody prints and pools.

When the cloth wrap was completely in ashes he gathered the rug that lay at the side of the bed, folding it carefully as to let it hold as much of the blood within it as possible, then he too placed this into the fireplace to burn. The smell, to any other, would have been overwhelming, but to Alister it was a calming and soothing scent that mixed about the air. He never worried of any other noticing what he did or the odors for there were strict orders given by Trissa to the keeper of the inn that no one was to ever be allowed near her third floor quarters, no one, but Alister that is. The inn keeper obliged Trissa in any of her requests, no matter how odd, considering that she paid double what was required for the renting as well as made donations of food and wine to the inn.

Next Alister soaked one of the linen clothes in hot water and began to wash the walls around the bed. He could tell that there had been a good fight put forth by this one for the blood was splattered almost to the ceiling and ran in small dried lines down to the floor. Some times it simply amazed him how easy it was that the blood cleaned from walls covered with good wallpaper that had been covered with a thin layer of wax. He chuckled at how he had come up with little things like adding the wax over the paper to make his tending to Trissa and her messes easier. Besides, he only had to reapply the wax about every four months, which was a small price to pay for making things easier in between.

He never really minded that it took him so very long to clean up her messes. To him it was when he seemed closest to her and close to her for a long period of time. Here amidst her mess he could think of how she may feel and smell next to him. If only she knew how he longed to hold her and tell her all of his secrets. Secrets that he revealed to no other nor would he dare. He longed to tell her how he could hear her breath when she lay upon the floor, how he could sense her skin pressed against the wood above him, how he whispered back to her when she thought he could not hear her call out his name.

When the entire wall was washed until it shone as if new Alister began the most time consuming part of this cleaning. Stepping over the large pool of blood that had run down the side of the bedrails and onto the floor he hoisted the mutilated, lifeless, and wasted body of a man whom he realized was lovely. Then as if taken back he lay the man back down on the bed and stood almost entranced by him. Alisters thin fingers ran slowly down the dead mans face and then his chest in what would seem to some one else a loving and tender manor. Alister loved the feel of the cool flesh under his fingers as he thought of the man and Trissa longing for her touch himself he wondered if her gentle hands had ran over the mans form in the same trail that Alister’s did now. He wondered if the man had taken in her scent or noticed what lay within her soul as he pulled his hand back and once again hoisted him up over his shoulder then walked towards the door. Unlocking the door with his free hand he slowly pulled then peeked his head out into the hall, not that any one would ever be there, yet he still always checked. He wiped his feet on the rug just inside the quarters’ door then stepped out slipping his shoes on. Turning to the right he headed down the back stairs with care for they were extremely narrow and long.  

Once at the bottom of the stairs he unlatched the hook on the small wooden door just before him, bent his head down and stepped thru shutting the door behind him. The damp and musty smells of the basement and root cellar filled his nostrils as he wrinkled his nose slightly; how he hated the unclean smell of the basement. Alister shuddered slightly as the dampness seemed to seep straight thru his skin into his bones and settle there.

He headed to the far, dimly lit end of the basement towards two large coal burners where he laid the body down atop a pile of coal just below the coal shoot. Though keeping the inn with heat was not his job no one would find it odd that he were there due to the fact that Alister seemed to always do things to keep himself busy, even if it were not his duty, besides the coal boy was out on an errand of shopping and was not due to return for quiet some hours to come.

Alister shoveled a few shovels more coal into the burner and waited for it to burn into hot ambers, he then one last time hoisted the lifeless body over his shoulder then placed it face down into the burner. He also added some wood and old leather straps that were in need of burning to cover any odors that the coal itself may not. Alister sat on the metal stool next to the burner with shovel in hand and watched the flames take hold.

Jumping with a start, Alister looked about with a bit of nervousness for he never had intended to fall asleep and as he rubbed his eyes he wondered how long he had been sitting there with his head leaned against the wood pile fast tending to his dreams. The fire snapped and cracked with sizzling sounds faintly hissing from underneath. He stood and poked the shovel thru the coals realizing that all that was left of the man were some bones and skull. These he gathered with the shovel placing them into a metal bucket with a sigh. He ran his thin fingers thru the top of his brown hair and wiped his sweating brow on his shirtsleeve; it was always far too warm here next to the burners.

Before heading out the basement door Alister added a few more shovels of coal to the burner then taking the metal bucket he tended to what needed done outside. With bucket in tow he went to the old water well in the enclosed garden just back of the inn. Crushing, the best he could, of the remains in the bucket with a large rock he dumped the bits down the old well. No one would ever worry of looking for any thing in the well, it was far too deep and unstable to venture for any reason, besides, it was only for show now that the new well had been constructed closer to the back of the inn.

Alister stood back looking about the gardens trees, benches, and plants as he inhaled the fresh air and wondered if Trissa had ever noticed the garden and its beauty. He thought to himself that on some eve, just before a soft rain shower when the air in the garden smelled sweet he should ask Trissa to join him here for some tea and star watching. Shrugging slightly he turned and headed back to the basement door, shut it tightly behind him as he stepped inside then walked back up the narrow stairs to the third floor.

Once again Alister slipped off his shoes leaving them outside the door before entering and latching the door safely behind him. He stood gazing at the bed and wondered if he could still count how many times he had been thru this same routine, shaking his head slowly, he thought not. He once again stoked the fire in the fireplace then went about stripping the bed linens and placing them one by one atop the flames. He always made sure that there were many covers on the bed between the sleeping sheet and feather bed to absorb the blood that would seep. Just another small thing that he had learned to do so as to make things easier, for it may look a bit odd if one were to order new feather bedding every week, now would it not?    

The curtains, well, those were different, was good to have a seamstress at hand here at the inn; one that asked no questions when paid enough, Alister thought as he placed the stained and blood dotted bed curtains into the fire and replaced them with fresh ones.

When all of the bedding and bed curtains were replaced, smoothed out, and lightly powdered with Lavender Talc Alister retreated back to his quarters to fetch one last bucket of hot water for the cleaning of the floor. Reentering Trissa’s quarters he felt a tinge of remorse for soon his cleaning would be done and he would have no reason to linger amidst her things. No reason to remain as close to her as he felt at that point in time. Shrugging the thought out of his mind he started at the furthest point from the door on his hands and knees with old linen cloths and his bucket of hot water with lye soap in the bottom and scrubbed with all of his might to remove any traces of the events that had taken place.

Alister’s skin glistened in the fire and candlelight as he cleaned stopping every now and again to
wipe his sweat beaded brow with the back of his hand or his shirtsleeve. He took more time than needed in cleaning the floor, not that he had any thing better to do, but too because, here, in this room he felt so very close to Trissa. His thoughts wandered to wondering again of telling her of his secrets. He wondered what she would think of him if she knew the true Alister, what he truly was, and what he truly does.

Reaching the door he made his final few swipes at the floor then stood staring back into the quarters for what seemed hours. Slowly he pulled the door shut, looked it with his key, placed the key back into his vest pocket, wiped his feet clean with the bucket water, wiped the floor in front of the door, slipped his shoes back on, gathered all of his cleaning supplies, and headed down the stairs to his own quarters.

Alister dumped the dirty water out his window then placed the buckets in a small chest at the end of his bed, tended the fire and threw in the soiled cleaning linens, then placed his water pot on the hook above the fire to let it heat for his tea. He settled into his chair, leaned his head back and thought of how Friday would never seem to come soon enough to see Trissa’s face again. Sweeping his gaze to the mantle clock he realized that it would soon be time for his companion to arrive.

He fetched his water pot, poured the hot water into his tea kettle, let it steep with his tea then poured himself a cup and leaned back to enjoy it before having to clean up for his companion. He sipped his tea and wondered what Trissa would think of his companions, if she would find Alister himself repulsive for his whims and his choice in company. Downing the last of his tea he inhaled deeply and exhaled a long sigh as he stood to change his clothing into some thing more appropriate for the evening.

Standing near his wash stand Alister striped off his clothing letting it fall garment by garment onto the floor as he look at himself in the mirror. He ran his fingers thru the top of his hair then scooped some water out of the wash basin to wet his hair down, running the water thru his hair then pushed his long brown locks back out of his face tucking the sides behind his ears. He prepared his shaving cream, brushed it onto his face with the shaving brush, carefully shaved with his favorite straight blade, splashed some water onto his face and wiped it dry with his drying cloth.

Alister looked at himself in the mirror again tracing his jaw with his finger and wondered if Trissa had ever noticed any thing that may have seemed out of the ordinary about him, for he truly was not
ordinary. Stepping back to see his form in the floor length mirror he smiled softly to himself, for he truly was a handsome creature. Not that he were vain, only that he admired the beauty of all creatures and took a liking to some forms better than others, and Alisters was a fine form indeed.

He stepped with strong and confident strides to his armoire to decide what would be the most
appropriate attire for the evening. He ran his hands along the fine material of his clothing and settled on a white silk shirt, long black velvet jacket, black trousers, and to top it off a bit of cinnamon oil. He dressed slowly and neatly.

Reaching to the left of the armoire he pulled on the black velvet cord that would ring the servant bell, and waited quietly in his gentlemen’s chair for the servants knock at the door. When the knock finally came, approximately fifteen minutes later, Alister while tapping his fingers on the edge of the gilded tea table, cleared his throat and with his normal, low polite tone told the servant to enter.

The girl, of about age twenty entered by slowly, almost cautiously pushing the door open and
stepping just inside with a bow, and as she rose she asked in a hushed voice, “Yes, M’ Lord, what may I do for you this eve?”

Alister cleared his throat still tapping his finger on the edge of the tea table and stated, “This eve I would like white wine, steak, rare as always, fresh corn, well whipped potato with butter cream, a picture of fresh water from the well, and blueberry cobbler for after. Make the meal for two to be served in one and a half hour from now and do try not to take so long in bringing it as you did in answering my ring, would you? “

The young woman bowed once again never taking her eyes from Alister and muttered, “Yes, M’ Lord all will be proper” as she backed out the door pulling it closed in front of her then turned quick on foot and headed to the kitchen to tell the cook what Alister wished to have for dinner this eve.

The young woman spoke quickly to the cook and the cook asked, “Tell me, was there any one there in the room with M’ Lord?”

“No.” She replied and continued, “Not a soul but he, though he was dressed fine, in some of his best attire and was quite impatient sounding. I wonder whom it is that he has invited to dine with him. Does it not seem odd that we never see his lady friends?”

The cook looked up from the potatoes that he had begun to prepare and raised one brow as he spoke, “Well, my dear child, no one sees M’ Lord Alisters company. Ever.” The cook leaned forward slightly and lowered his tone to the young woman, “Besides, child, did you not know that he, some say, does not entertain any one at all only makes it look as though he does?” The cook leaned back continuing on with preparing Alisters dinner and smiled at the young woman.

The young woman covered her mouth with her hand and shook her head asking, “Why would he do such a thing if the rumors be true? Would it not be silly to dine alone eating two meals and pretend to talk with another?”

The cook replied, “I did not say the rumors were true, child, now did I? I have heard more than just his voice in there at night; he definitely is in the company of another. Though, yes we all have found it odd that we never see his companions, but after a while working here you will learn to think nothing of his odd behavior or invisible companions only that he pays well, better than any other employer in the low side of town. Work well, be kind, courteous, never take too long when he rings, never call him by his name, only call him M’ Lord, and above all, never ask him of the Lady Trissa or his actions at any time. If you follow those rules rigidly and mind your tongue he will keep you and you will be well rewarded pay wise and wish for nothing food wise.”

The young woman nodded stating that she would do as the cook advised and began to prepare the tray, plates, silverware, wine glasses, water glasses, water picture, and spices to be taken to Alister when the meal was hot and complete.

Looking back to the mantle clock Alister stood, straightened his jacket and shirt sleeves, made sure that his shoe laces were tied proper then headed out of his quarters and down the back stairs, avoiding the drinking area of the inn and to the door that opened hidden on the side of the inn. Here he waited quietly for his companion to arrive and did hope that they would be on time for he did not wish any one to see them entering the side door or going to Alisters quarters.

A few moments later Alister caught the sent of sweet patchouli in the night breeze and a smile formed on his lips as the figure approached quietly. A fine creature with beautiful skin, raven colored hair, and perfectly formed jaw line stepped next to Alister, with sparkling blue eyes and smiling tenderly. Alister nodded with a smile and lead the fine creature thru the door, into the hall, and up the back stairs to his quarters. There he motioned the creature inside and to the already waiting table and meal that had been prepared and brought while Alister was out of the room.

They sat, toasted their wine and began to enjoy their dinner together. Alister smiled and said, “You do look splendid this eve, my pet. I hope that dinner is too your liking.”

The voice that escaped the lips across from Alister filled his ears like fine music as the young man said, “Of course dinner is to my liking, as it always is and you as well are looking rather splendid this eve. And what will we do for this eve Alister?”

With a tip of his wine glass to his lips and a small sip Alister replied, “Hmm, I did think that we could read a bit by the fireplace, share some well prepared blueberry cobbler, fresh water, and then…well, we will see, now will we not?” Alister chuckled softly and tucked his locks of stray hair back behind his ears.

Sebastian too chuckled softly, raised his wine glass to Alisters with a nod then stated, “We do always seem to find some thing or another to pass our time, do we not dear Alister?” After all I do come to spend time with you and be of any comfort that I am able.”

“That you do. That you do. If only you knew or if I could possibly tell you how much your company means to me and how comforting it is to be able to be my true self with you not having to hide and so forth like I must around all others. Tell me how it is that you can put up with my ways and still care for me as you do?”

Sebastian looked at him thoughtfully for a moment before he answered. “Hmm, now, I am not sure how it is that I put up with you and still continue to return as I do. You are indeed an odd one Alister, but I could never abandon you, I have grown to love you in my own way at time.”

Alister found comfort in the words that Sebastian spoke to him, yet in his mind he wished only that Trissa would speak such words to him for Sebastian’s companionship was grand and loving but not what Alister truly longed for. He truly longed for real love and companionship from no one other than Trissa.

After they had finished their dinner and wine the two retreated to the floor and large blanket laid out just in front of the fireplace. With a book of poetry in hand Alister rested his head on Sebastian’s shoulder and asked him to read allowed from the book. Sebastian took the book and started reading to Alister in a low soothing tone that filled the air with sweetness. Sebastian read and they shared the blueberry cobbler and fresh water as the fireplace crackled softly and the hours passed.

When Sebastian had read for some time he closed the book and took Alisters hand leading him to the bed where they both slowly undressed and climbed under the warm bed coverings. Sebastian, with blade in hand, made a familiar incision in his thigh to let his blood flow free for Alister. Alister, shivering with want, laid his mouth to the incision and felt the warm, salty sweet liquid fill him with ecstasy. As Alister drank and Sebastian laid his head back on the pillows the rest of the world seemed a million miles away.

When Alister had his fill and lay his head down on the pillow Sebastian wrapped his arms around him, cradling him as though he were a child and sleep found them both and rocked them gently. As Alister drift off into slumber he wondered of himself and his choice in companionship. He knew in his heart that no one would understand the way he felt about Sebastian, his love, the love that was not a sexual love, but a love built on respect and the need for the liquid that Sebastian provided willingly and without fail when Alister called upon him.

Just before dawn Alister gently awoke Sebastian. Sebastian smiled tenderly with a nod as he dressed himself at the bedside. After fully clothed he leaned over the bed, bent down and gently kissed Alister on his cheek and in a soothing voice he said, “When you should need me again, dear Alister, just send the word and I will be here. Now sleep well my dear.”

And with that Sebastian quietly let himself out and was gone before the first light of day.

Alister lay in his bed late into the morning after he awoke and thought of Sebastian and of how he chose a male companion instead of a female for the only female he would ever love would be Trissa and he would never betray her by letting another woman touch his skin or his mind, soul, and heart. He thought that possibly he would lie there in his bed for the next two days. Being it was only Wednesday and until Friday when Trissa would return nothing else would matter or needed his attending too.

† To be continued †

"There is an alter ego which dwells within every soul." (C)alibaster 1999-2001

"Sleep those little slices of death, how I loathe them." Edgar Allan

© Copyright 2001 †The Divine Sinner† - All Rights Reserved
Wesley the Blue
since 1999-09-02
Posts 426
Forest Lake, MN, USA
1 posted 2001-10-29 09:33 PM

once again wonderfully done, I did notice some typos, but those are trivial.  Please continue to write and post more soon....

"Never underestimate the power of idiots in larget groups."

alibaster
since 2001-07-07
Posts 299
In my own private hell...(PA).
2 posted 2001-10-30 08:19 AM

Thank you and I am working on chapter 3 now. ohhhh, noooo typooooossss....where?
I use microsoft word, but it does not always help and after reading what I have written over and over I do not notice them myself...so if you see specific ones jumping out at you, please feel free to let me know what they are.
Your input is greatly appriciated.
Until...ali

"There is an alter ego which dwells within every soul." (C)alibaster 1999-2001

"Sleep those little slices of death, how I loathe them." Edgar Allan

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » 2nd chapter to the first below{have not named this book yet, I apologize}

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary