navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Man Called Diablo
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The Man Called Diablo Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Wanda
since 2001-10-23
Posts 461

0 posted 2001-10-23 09:10 PM

A beautiful white horse came galloping through the town. Its’ silver saddle glistened in the bright sunlight.  A tall man, dressed in black, sat astride.  From his boots hung gem imbedded spurs. He had a rugged appearance, but it was obvious this man was strikingly handsome.

Standing against the mercantile building, some men watched this man, and one said, “They call him Diablo; some say he’s the fastest gun to ride this way. It’s never advisable to get on his bad side, that is, unless you have a desire to be blown away.”

He guided the white horse towards the stable and then lithely climbed down.  The spurs jangled with each step he took.  He patted the horse, and then tied him to the hitching rack. He stood for a moment and glanced around the town; then walked into the stable.

Little did he know as he stepped through the door someone awaited him on the other side.  In the dimness of the stable he heard a sound.  His eyes pierced the darkness looking for the source when suddenly he felt a rope slide over his head and tighten around his shoulders.

“Howdy, Diablo,” came the soft voice of a woman.  I knew it was you when I heard the jangle of those spurs.  She tightened the rope and carefully stepped closer.  She saw him smile and murmur quietly, “Looks like you caught yourself a man, Babe.”

Slowly she came close enough to smell his heat.  She stood before him and smiled; he saw mischief in her eyes.  As the rope released, he reached for her.  She melted into his arms for a soft embrace, then lifting her face, she waited for his kiss. He kissed her hungrily and finally said, “Ah, my sweet Babe; it’s so good to be back.”

Written by, Wanda

© Copyright 2001 Wanda - All Rights Reserved
Mistletoe Angel
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Empyrean
since 2000-12-17
Posts 32816
Portland, Oregon
1 posted 2001-10-27 07:21 PM

(big hugggssssssss) YAY!!! OH WANDA, IT'S SO GREAT TO READ THESE AGAIN!!! I LOVE THEM ALL!!! (smiles) It's time to revisit the legend! YEEEEE-HAH!!! You have such a beautiful heart, sweet Wanda, thank you for sharing!

May love and light always shine upon you!

Love,
Noah Eaton

Wanda
since 2001-10-23
Posts 461

2 posted 2001-10-27 08:08 PM

Noah; Thank you for faithfully reading Diablo.  I also thank you for your reply.  Wanda
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The Man Called Diablo

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary