navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The boar king (Princess stories 3)
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic The boar king (Princess stories 3) Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
paladin
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-08-05
Posts 930
Pensacola,Fl.

0 posted 2001-09-06 05:23 PM

The princess sat in he dark room all alone looking at her face in the candle lit mirror.A young woman looked back at her.Her face was plain and her hair was short and straight.The princess did not like this face.she did not like the rest of her body either.She stuck her tongue ant the face and buried her face in her hands and cried bitter tears.She hated to leave her room and hated it even more when the serving maids came to care for her.She knew they snickered behind her back and whispered about how ugly she was.One day when she could not take the smug looks any more.I will run away and hid in the forest.I will never let another human see me.
     She stopped in a clearing in the woods and ate the lunch she had brought.She scattered crumbs from the bread and little birds came to peck at them.They do not think I am ugly she thought.She was startled when a big wild boar walked boldly into the clearing.He was black and ugly as sin.She begain to giggle.At least their is something uglier than me.The boar raised his head and in a grunting voice said why are you laughing at me?She told him that she thought she was ugly but he was even uglier.A tear ran down the boar's long snout.It is true I am ugly.I am not nearly as wrinkled as my brothers and sisters.I do not have handsome warts on my snout and face.He moaned as he said I do not even have a fine spine of bristles.The princess told him about how the other maids at the castle whispered and laughted at how plain and ugly she was.The boar said I do not know much about humans but you do not look ugly to me.
    In the following days the boar showed her where to find berrys and uts and even showed her an abandoned honey tree.They became very fond of each other.The princess asked him about the gold ring in his nose.Oh,that.I am the king of the animals in this wood.The ring has the power to grant me one wish.He said the only wish I would make would be to change you into a sow and you could become my queen.The princess said she would have to sleep on that one.Durring the night she was visted by the goddest of the forest.The goddess asked her if she was happy being a human.She said she was not.I will never marry a handsome prince.Who would want an ugly woman like me?My father wants to marry me off to an old duke.He is fat and mean.The goddess pointed to the sleeping boar.He loves you for what you are.Not for how you look.The princess looked athe the boar and thought.He is very handsome for a boar that is.When they both woke up the princess said I have made up my mind.I will let you make me a sow.I would be honored to be your wife and queen.The boar was very happy and grunted with glee.
    The princess was ugly as a human but she was radiant as the wife of the boar king.They ruled in the forest for many years and lived happily ever after.Thus ends my tale.

[This message has been edited by paladin (edited 09-06-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Robert E. Jackson - All Rights Reserved
shadow974
since 2001-06-21
Posts 636
Michigan
1 posted 2001-09-09 01:31 AM

Nice story, I wish people could be judged by the parts of themselfs that can't be seen and not by what can. It's a wise man who can see inner beauty.

Throw your heart out in front of you
And run out to catch it.
ARAB PROVERB

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » The boar king (Princess stories 3)

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary