navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » the thrill of them game
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic the thrill of them game Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
katherine
since 2000-06-10
Posts 365
Canberra Australia

0 posted 2001-04-27 06:32 AM

thought i'd write about one of the things i love most for once hope you like it. I guess it's nt really a poem.

The scores are tied your in the last few minutes you know if they score they'll win. Whatever you do you can't let them score.

You're on your toes alert and ready. They start to come towards you theres no one else around it's all up to you. No time to freak out.

Closer and closer they come still no one around. Theres really only one option you've got to get out of the goal.

They're just at the top of the circle now. They could shot anytime. You have no other choice.

You move forward faster and faster till WACK. You bash into them stoping them in their tracks. You kick the ball in no perticular direction.

They go for it but it's too late someone else someone from my team has it. It's moving up getting pashed through the players but still my team has it.

Ten seconds left on the clock......BAMM they hit it.
If it's a goal we win, if they miss it's a tie. We've worked to hard this season to tie. Everybodies yelling going crazy you're screaming at them.

Sudenly you see that beautiful sight...
your team are chearing like nothing else. It went in just in time.

WE WON!

But the best part isn't the winning is having such a great team and working so well together.

~this is for my team last year. I know none of them will read it but neither the less they were awesome. Once you told one or two to shut up.

if you don't let them in they can't see the real you

© Copyright 2001 Katie - All Rights Reserved
SEA
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 5 Tours
Member Seraphic
since 2000-01-18
Posts 22676
with you
1 posted 2001-04-27 09:16 AM

since this isn't a poem....I'm moving it to Prose  
obscurity of cloud
since 2001-05-11
Posts 294
....:::::******:::::....
2 posted 2001-05-13 04:12 PM

This is a little hard to follow, but then i also get the feeling of being in the middle of it all.  I do like your mini-paragraph theme.  Keep posting!

"so when at times the mob is swayed to carry praise or blame too far, we may choose something like a star" --Frost

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » the thrill of them game

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary