navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Untitled
Passions in Prose
Post A Reply Post New Topic Untitled Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Xeonox
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2000-04-01
Posts 1764
CA, USA

0 posted 2001-04-21 11:41 PM

Sun was atop adding more to my misery. I walked downwards towards my car. My body must have manufactured gallons of sweat, enough for a small thundercloud. But then again, comparing sweat to rain is not the best of ideas. A little exaggeration in writing always gets the readers going. As I walked towards my car, I kept remembering the sentence, “I will do what my family wants me to do.” Why, I asked myself? Here I thought she was this wonderful, confident, unapproachable goddess. However, in reality she is just a pretty girl who looks good in tight clothes and does not seem to have a mind of her own I assumed. I went to work and converse with few of my friends about my meeting with Rose. As the details poured out, we giggled like little girls. I came home around seven, tired, but happy in a comical sort of way. My friends at work asked if we kissed. I sadly answer, No. They seem to be amazed at my answer. Knowing myself, I accepted the truth. She gave me her e-mail address during our meeting. “Temptingnp” it was. I made a little joke about how she was trying to attract man with an e-mail name such as that. She denied my claim and answered that her friend chose it. I did not want to argue over such small thing, so I claim defeat and wrote it down on my index card. I e-mailed her that night about how I felt and what we talked about that day.  I also asked her if she would like to meet with me again. She clearly gave me an impression that if we were to meet, we shall meet as friends and nothing more. I accepted her agreement for I wanted to be close to her. We meet occasionally. She was the one that always had a knack of finding me. I would be walking along the campus drowned in my philosophical thoughts, which made no sense to me. However, I called them philosophical for it gave me some sort of reassurance that I am not delirious. She would usually sit on a bench waiting for someone whom she had setup a study time. Whenever I heard my name, I would look over. At that moment, the sweat accumulated and my heart started beating faster. I would instantly move in her direction. I sit beside her on the bench, maybe a feet or two away. She would usually ask me what have I been up to. I would respond with a tone of reliance that I had been working and studying. Ending my answer quickly, I would ask her the same question. When I sat beside her I, felt sheltered yet not compliant with the whole moment. I would not dare taking off my sunglasses for her eyes were too bright for me to look into them. Her attention focused on me as if I was the sun and she needed to turn towards me to provide the life giving strength. I in turn was packing heat-meaning sweat like you would not believe. I would chat with her for few minutes before I left her sitting there. I knew I could not stay longer. For every moment I spent with her, my heart grew closer to her. This time I would not make the fatal mistake twice. (Part6)

Ronil (One becomes god only when they have fully understood the role of being a human being.)

© Copyright 2001 Ronil B Tataria - All Rights Reserved
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Main Forums » Passions in Prose » Untitled

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary