navwin » Discussion » Q & A » New Here....
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic New Here.... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Poet4Christ
since 2003-02-19
Posts 211
Oklahoma City

0 posted 2003-02-19 01:24 PM

I am new to this forum thing and also very new with sharing my poetry. So please be easy on me at first. I do have a question though someone might be able to answer for me before I submit any poetry. How does submitting on the forum affect a poem for future possibilities of publication? I would like to think one day I could publish something and I don't want to hinder any possibilities. Maybe this is a silly question, but as I said before, I have never really shared my poetry before. I have been writing poetry for a long time, primarily for my own enjoyment, so this will take a little getting used to. I hope I can meet some interesting writers on here and maybe even exchange some interesting ideas.

I hope it's ok that my first topic is not a poem, I want to feel the water a little before I jump in.

Thanx - Tim

PS - I would like to know more about this Passion's Book before I start suggesting submission.

© Copyright 2003 Timothy Work - All Rights Reserved
BloomingRose
Member Elite
since 2000-08-09
Posts 3092
Florida
1 posted 2003-02-19 03:02 PM

Hi Tim,
Welcome to Passion's!
I am not sure about the answers to your question's, but I can tell you that you will find the people here supportive and very nice.
I look forward to reading some of your poems, so please share!

Deb

Lighthousebob
Member Elite
since 2000-06-14
Posts 4725
California
2 posted 2003-02-19 03:28 PM

Tim,

I think it's OK that you want to test the waters a little before posting (posting poems for public view is much different than just writng for self gratification), I am certain that you will make some nice poet friends if you decide to post here, and I for one do look forward to reading some of your poetry if and/or when you do.  If you want information about the latest book being published here at Passions, Please Click Here!!!

I hope that I have been of some help here.

Welcome and God Bless you.

-Bob

GG
Member Elite
since 2002-12-03
Posts 3532
Lost in thought
3 posted 2003-02-19 06:55 PM

welcome here!
I'm sure you'll love this place, and will definitely meet interesting, fun, and exciting people. Poetry is a great way to get to know eachother, and I hope that we can get to know you, too.
As for the posting affecting a chance to publish your own things later, it doesn't... each poem you post is copyrighted to YOU, so you have full rights it. You can still publish them.
Hope to see some more of you,
God's blessings to you,

Always, God's Girl (aka GG, aka Alyssa)

- And so it was that time stood still -
     (blink, breathe, stand, fight)

Joyce Johnson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2001-03-10
Posts 9912
Washington State
4 posted 2003-02-20 12:22 PM

Welcome .  I hope to see some of your poetry.  And don't worry.  It can only help to have your poetry submitted here.  I would never have been brave enough to submit to publishers if I had not been so encouraged by these wonderful other poets.  Joyce
Mysteria
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Laureate
since 2001-03-07
Posts 18328
British Columbia, Canada
5 posted 2003-02-23 02:00 AM

Welcome and I know you will enjoy the people and poetry of Passions.  This site is like no other on the internet as the owner and his moderators keep this site suitable for all family members.

Regarding your question on the book - here is the link to the forum that will answer all your questions, as I know at first his place has a lot of corridors until you find you find your way around.
/main/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=About+Reflections&number=78&type=d

As for posting here affecting future publication I know that the copyright of your poem here belongs only to you and if you like you can also safeguard it by putting your own copyright on each entry.  If you have questions this is the forum, and at the top of your scree, the "Discussion" box takes you to all kinds of forums with tons of information.  Don't forget there is also an entirely separate world, which is the main site, but that is perhaps how you entered into the main forums.

So welcome, pull up a chair for as long as you want and post when you feel ready.  

~* Carpe' Diem *~  

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
6 posted 2003-02-23 09:50 PM

A note in addition to those above... If there is ever any question of copyright, your post here is time/dated the moment you post it.  That in itself assures your own personal work as being your own.  Should the possibility of publication in hard copy arise for you, we would surely do everything possible to help you in that endeavor... Your work is your own.. no doubt about it...
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » New Here....

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary