navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Picture Sharing
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Picture Sharing Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Paul Wilson
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States

0 posted 2003-01-17 11:30 PM

I was wondering since many people here at pip have images in their poems, is it okay for us to use these same images in our poems?
I would like to start a book of image and picture links to use from time to time with some of my poems and be able to add images to this collection as they are found on the web.

Should we get permission from the person that the picture belongs to such as Sunshine, Nan or Mysteria and is there any charge for this service?

Paul

"To share my poems with you is to share my heart with you"

[This message has been edited by Paul Wilson (01-17-2003 11:31 PM).]

© Copyright 2003 Paul D. Wilson - All Rights Reserved
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
1 posted 2003-01-18 06:36 AM

You should definitely get permission from the photographers, authors here at Passions, just like any other request:  it's a copyright function of responsibility.  Same for other copyrighted photographs or graphics out on the web, Paul.  If someone says "free" then it's generally up for grabs, but do look for the fine print.  When you DO receive permission of a copyrighted photo or graphic, do be sure to say "Courtesy of" and give proper credit.

I ran across a "free foto" link, here, http://www.freefoto.com/  that has some wonderful photos to use in conjunction with poetry.  One of the things to remember as you are borrowing photos and graphics that are free, is to make sure that the size fits within the parameters of Ron's programs.  Sometimes we think just because we can see the "right size" on another website, that it will fit here, and that is not always the case.  You never want to exceed 400 pixels in width, for a good showing, here.

You might also get some other hints through Tech Talk, Paul, because I'm a novice and still learning, but Christopher and Ron, who are the question and answer men, will be glad to help you.  I know, because man, I've had my share of questions!

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Sunshine (01-18-2003 06:37 AM).]

Paul Wilson
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
2 posted 2003-01-18 07:49 PM

Sunshine~ Thanks very much...Paul

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2003-01-21 08:36 AM

You can use any of my graphics, Paul - Anything I've got on my site is from "free" sources.  Also - You'll be pleasantly surprised when our software is updated "soon," as your posts will be able to be formatted for the effect you're looking for in your presentation...
NewEnglandlazurlu
Member Rara Avis
since 2002-01-04
Posts 7470
A Mountain Paradise
4 posted 2003-01-21 01:58 PM

Paul, most, but not all, of the graphics I use come from webshots.com and they are free.

It is my understanding that the wide (width) of graphics could not exceed 450 pixels. At least that is what I've used as a size guide for a year. If it's only 400, would someone let me know. And I apologize Ron if I've been using the wrong size.

Marti

Paul Wilson
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
5 posted 2003-01-21 07:16 PM

Nan & Marti~ Thanks ladies, I appreciate all the help...Paul

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
6 posted 2003-01-21 09:40 PM

Your graphics seem fine, Marti - They don't exceed the page width - That's what would make them oversized...
Titia Geertman
Member Ascendant
since 2001-05-07
Posts 5182
Netherlands
7 posted 2003-01-22 03:16 PM

Hello Paul,

You're welcome to use my pics for your poetry, as long as I get the credit for the pic.

You can find them on this site:
http://communities.webshots.com/user/lookheretitia

Copy and paste this link to your browser and you will see lots and lots of pics.
Don't know if they are what you're looking for though.

Titia

Like scattered leaves...my words will flow

[This message has been edited by Titia Geertman (01-22-2003 03:18 PM).]

Paul Wilson
Member Elite
since 2002-07-07
Posts 4711
United States
8 posted 2003-01-29 07:33 PM

Titia~ Thank you very much. I will be sure & give you credit for any of your pictures I use. If I ever get smart enough to put some pictures on the internet I will be glad to share them with you...Paul

Toerag
Member Ascendant
since 1999-07-29
Posts 5622
Ala bam a
9 posted 2003-02-07 07:13 AM

What?..You don't want to collect my Toerag picture?....It's a classic?...And was professionally photographed? And if one should happen to have a foot fetish, it would be considered erotic?
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
10 posted 2003-02-07 08:16 AM

Don't worry, Toe.. Your portrait is there with the rest of my graphics... I wouldn't leave you out...
suthern
Member Seraphic
since 1999-07-29
Posts 20723
Louisiana
11 posted 2003-02-07 09:42 AM

Ummm... Nan??? How do I find your graphics? I looked on your homepage... no luck? *S*

Speak gently... my computer literacy is still on the See Spot Run level. LOL

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Picture Sharing

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary