navwin » Discussion » Q & A » question about main site
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic question about main site Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
moonflower
since 2002-11-17
Posts 37
magical land of make-believe

0 posted 2002-11-18 01:47 PM

hi..just wondering..can we not post on the main passions site?..i tried to log on and got an error message several times..wondering if the site is down or being updated..thanks if you can help..(i love this place!)

inside every soul there is music...let the music play

© Copyright 2002 valarie - All Rights Reserved
Wind
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2002-10-12
Posts 2981

1 posted 2002-11-18 07:16 PM

I'm glad you love it here! Everyone is so nice and helpfull and will encourage you allways! Well youu might be typing in the wrong adress. Are you doing http://piptalk.com ?

Never be normal!

quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
2 posted 2002-11-18 08:07 PM

no, you can submit your poems, but that doesn't guarentee acceptance of them.

and currently they're not accepting any work right now.  i can't remember why.  possibly a tech error?

passions and pip are related, but different.

passions was in such high demand, that they created the forums so that everyone could share their work, not just a selected few.

/jen/

i'm so bitterly disappointed.  betty, i think it's time you leave now.

Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
3 posted 2002-11-18 08:20 PM

Jen's right, mostly.  

As a matter of fact, the main site ( http://netpoets.com ) is SO popular that Ron had to temporarily disable new submissions in an attempt to catch up. In the works right now is a program that will, among other things, make the process between submission and publication much easier and much less time consuming.

You can bet that we'll get an announcement here when the main site's ready to accept new submissions.

[This message has been edited by Christopher (11-18-2002 08:21 PM).]

moonflower
since 2002-11-17
Posts 37
4 posted 2002-11-18 08:39 PM

hey thanks wind, quietlydying and christopher..im glad to know, cuz i thought i was doing it wrong..thanks for your explanations..

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
5 posted 2002-11-19 08:39 AM

quote:

passions and pip are related, but different

Passions and PiP are more than simply related.  Passions in Poetry, which can be accessed both at the upper corner and at the bottom of this page, is our main site.  It's also much more frequently visited than our forums.  Poems posted there will remain where they are for our visitors reading pleasure.  We have a huge backlog of submissions lying in wait for posting.

PiPtalk is a subsidiary - just a small corner - of the Passions in Poetry world.  This is the place for you to do your active posting for the time being.  When submissions open for the main site, you'll be able to come back to the poems you've posted here and submit them directly.

Have fun... enjoy posting your poetry, and reading others works as well...

moonflower
since 2002-11-17
Posts 37
6 posted 2002-11-19 11:57 AM

nan..thank you so much for the added info..im glad we'll be able to post our stuff later, i have a lot of cyber poetry (love on the internet)that id like to eventually post in the cyber forum in passions..pips doesnt have one..or does it? im new and havnt explored everywhere yet..thanks so much for being so helpful..this is a great site..soooo much talent here..

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
7 posted 2002-11-19 12:29 PM

We have a plethora of forums you can choose from to submit your works... /main/Ultimate.cgi?

Take your pick - You'll be able to transfer them when the main site submissions open...

quietlydying
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
since 2001-06-10
Posts 935
the wonderful land of oz
8 posted 2002-11-21 12:35 PM

consider me corrected.

/jen/

i'm so bitterly disappointed.  betty, i think it's time you leave now.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » question about main site

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary