navwin » Discussion » Q & A » In desperate need of some advise
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic In desperate need of some advise Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands

0 posted 2002-10-05 03:40 PM

On October 2nd I received this email regarding my poem "Walk With Me" on Passions main site:

jeanbonner@aol.com wrote:

"Hi, do you sell any of your poems with right s to use in a book.  I love the way you write and I need 20 to 24 poems-diary inserts for my book, thanks, jean.PS if yes how much?"

Quite frankly I don't know how to react to this email, since I have no idea if I can still use this poem for possible "publication" in the future. Heck, payment? Geesh I wouldn't have a clue! LOL Since it's for a book, should they "pay" by how many copies of the book are/will be sold, or do you charge one time only?

Could anybody help me out please? Thanks a zillion! In the mean time I think it may be a good start to find out what this book is about, or does "poem-diary insert" say it all and am I completely missing the point, 'cause honestly I have no idea what those are! LOL

Munda

© Copyright 2002 Munda - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2002-10-05 05:02 PM

First get some particulars...find out who this person is..have they published anything before? Who will the publisher be?

The 'diary insert' thing sounds like they are printing diaries with 'poems or sayings' sprinkled throughout.

Don't commit until you find out more about this person and their company.

It would probably be a one time payment for the right to use your poem in their book - and they could mass produce them.

Kit McCallum
Administrator
Member Laureate
since 2000-04-30
Posts 14774
Ontario, Canada
2 posted 2002-10-05 05:35 PM

I've just sent you an e-mail Munda. I received something similar as well from the same person, so I've forwarded you a copy, and my response, along with some thoughts. Hope that helps.
Munda
Member Elite
since 1999-10-08
Posts 3544
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 posted 2002-10-06 05:49 AM

All good points Sharon. Thank you very much.

Thanks Kit. I shall write today too and let you know when I receive an answer.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » In desperate need of some advise

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary