navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Produce
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Produce Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Alicia
since 2002-03-22
Posts 279

0 posted 2002-05-30 10:46 PM

~My question: should ten fresh tomatoes cost 20 US dollars?

(what this has to do with poetry I've no idea,...but I'm serious)

© Copyright 2002 Alicia - All Rights Reserved
Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
1 posted 2002-05-30 11:00 PM

How big are they? If they are the size of a Volkswagen maybe.....are you telling us you spent $20 for 10 tomatoes? That's pretty expensive...I love tomatoes but I'm sure I wouldn't pay that much for them.
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
2 posted 2002-05-30 11:08 PM

I sure hope you didn't spend that kind of money, Alicia - Maybe at Haymarket Square they do cost that much though... Everything there is multiplied exponentially, isn't it?..
Alicia
since 2002-03-22
Posts 279

3 posted 2002-05-30 11:23 PM

~Thank you, I thought that sounded expensive. In fact, thought it was a mistake at first, that big sign advertising. They are about the size of my fist, which isn't that big, not twenty dollars big. - I never cook, don't buy tomatoes very often, and was glad that I didn't need ten, lol. Golly. They were serious.

And yeah Nan!, though bargaining is often accepted there, haggling? whatever you call it, lol.

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Produce

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary