navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Next name change?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Next name change? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Jeffrey E. Osborne
since 2001-11-01
Posts 160
out there

0 posted 2002-03-14 04:07 PM

I know Ron is a busy worker bee but I was wondering when the next name change sweep will be done? A few months ago I had asked for all of my "rascalx" poetry to be combined with and posted under my "Jeffrey E. Osborne" id but I didnt see (maybe I missed it?) a response. Just curious...
                        Thanks guys
                                 - Jeff

© Copyright 2002 Jeff Osborne - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2002-03-14 05:00 PM

I actually got the software all ready to run, with all the appropriate name changes entered, about three weeks ago. It was just a matter of waiting for a good time to shut down the forums for a few hours. Then I got tied up with moving the main site to the new server. The rough edges there are becoming less painful, but I'm still in the process of adding new poetry so we can open up the Backroom.

Soon?

If you post to this thread on Saturday morning, as a gentle reminder, I might just be able to run the sweep that afternoon (typically a very slow time in the forums).

Skyfire
Deputy Moderator 10 ToursDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 2000-12-27
Posts 3381
Riding
2 posted 2002-03-15 05:43 PM

NO NOT MY SATURDAY!!!! Oh, wait. I'm not going to be home anyway. Nevermind. Just... what is a name change sweep? Out of curiosity.

I am a rabid horse.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
3 posted 2002-03-15 08:03 PM

It's a Passionate phenomenon that happens at the stroke of midnight on the first full moon of each and every SOON...  when some our poets of previously multiple personna voluntarily converge into the single cognomen of their respective choice...
Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
4 posted 2002-03-15 08:17 PM

...or...decide to forfeit their pen name for their given name...upon the edge of Soon...

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
5 posted 2002-03-15 11:14 PM

NOT!!!

Sunshine
Administrator
Member Empyrean
since 1999-06-25
Posts 63354
Listening to every heart
6 posted 2002-03-16 07:18 AM

OkOkOk...

rascalx
since 1999-08-25
Posts 590
Florence, SC, USA
7 posted 2002-07-23 12:42 PM

Ron,
    Remember many years ago, when John Cougar first emerged onto the music scene?
Then after a few hit albums, he changed his name to John Cougar Mellencamp? Then, a few more albums after that, he just settled for John Mellencamp? And is there a point to this story? lol
     Yes, my point is I'm finished with my schizophrenia phase (and it's a good thing you haven't updated the software yet! ).
    I have decided (yes, I mean it this time! lol) to continue writing as I started - under my original name of "rascalx". When you do get around to running the latest name change, please convert all of my "Jeffrey E. Osborne" to "rascalx", keeping the same password as my rascalx ID.
     And if I dare ask you for another name change, I give you permission to have me flogged, drawn and quartered!
           Thanks for your patience,

See you in Passions,
                          - Jeff

Moon Dust
Deputy Moderator 1 TourDeputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Elite
since 1999-06-11
Posts 2177
Skelmersdale, UK
8 posted 2002-07-28 12:37 PM

Can u change your name again i'm gettin bored of mine just let me know if you r and when. thanx ron

If your afraid of the dark, then why did you come?

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Next name change?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary