navwin » Discussion » Q & A » To young
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic To young Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Adamsandler
since 2002-01-27
Posts 1
Georgia

0 posted 2002-01-27 11:34 PM

My girlfriends mom said that were to young to know what love is. Im 16 and shes 15. I want to tell her mom how we feel about each other but i dont know exactly what to say, any idea's?

© Copyright 2002 Matthew Stille - All Rights Reserved
anonymousfemale
Member Elite
since 2000-02-02
Posts 2797
Limbo
1 posted 2002-01-28 12:26 PM

Ask her to step back into her childhood and get her to tell you what she sees. If she says something really annoying, kindly enlighten her that being an adolescent in these times means having your own mind and if you choose this girl to love, then love it is. Enforce the fact that everyone must experience life for themselves and not through the recommendations of people that already have.

If this is all the world has to offer, I want a refund on my life.

Chrissy
since 2002-01-24
Posts 81
Idaho, no I am not a farmer!
2 posted 2002-01-28 03:47 AM

I agree....ask her about her frist crush, and the guy whose name she wrote over and over when she was 15...tkae her back.  You are never too young to be in love.  I lost my virginity when I was 15...and thought I was "In love"  Every kid needs to live a little.  

Chrissy

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2002-01-28 09:48 AM

no one is too young to "LOVE"

good luck in convincing your mom
I think it's their job to always be opposite of what kids say

là où est mon amour?
donde está mi amour?
wo ist meine Liebe?
Nelly Furtado é a menina a mais bonita no mundo largo do todo.

Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
4 posted 2002-01-28 11:04 AM

It's a parent's job to make sure their kids make it to adulthood in one physically and emotionally stable piece... She's just trying to do that... She has only your best interests in mind... Bear with her...
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » To young

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary