navwin » Discussion » Q & A » plz explain
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic plz explain Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Lil_Aussie_Cutie
since 2001-04-28
Posts 45
Qld, Australia

0 posted 2001-06-30 08:20 AM

Thank you. If you answered YES, we have deleted all cookies previously set from this forum.

Note that you should reset your Profile now. To reestablish your cookies, you should go into your Profile and Submit (no need to change anything). To resynchronize lights and colored folders, you should enter the forums twice from an external link or bookmark (the Menu option to enter the forums will purposely bypass updating your Login times).

Could someone please explain that to me in simple terms!? Oh, and Nan, I know how to scroll down a pc screen =) thanku tho. Umm....I know about computers and the basics but some of this terminology is a little too over the top..I cleared ALL cookies and umm...i re did my profile...What do they mean by that external link stuff especially? please help!!

Also..since I cleared all my cookies, does this mean I can now see all the posts now that I couldnt before? Someone deleted my "sorry........" topic in "feelings" and i cant view them now =( eek umm..i actually just went to the Q & A forum to check my responses from the pics of profiles question, and I can view NONE of the responses despite getting rid of allllllll my cookies

?????????????

janelle aka cookie monster

© Copyright 2001 Janelle Kingsley - All Rights Reserved
WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
1 posted 2001-06-30 06:15 PM

If you deleted your forum cookies, it means you have to leave the site!! Then re-enter the site by however you usually do it, if you have it bookmarked or saved as a "favorite."

When you return to the site, go into your profile, in the Members/help area, and make sure your name and password appear in the boxes, then scroll to the bottom and click on submit.  That should restore things so you can see the little folders on the outside of the posts and such.

You also need to delete the cookies from your hard drive. I explained that to you in an email or in one of these posts here, by going to your desktop, and clicking on My Computer.  When you're done with all that you should be able to view your responses.

I sent you the replies from your "feelings" post, it is not deleted, it's still there.

Also if you hold down the cntrl (control) key and hit F5...that is a "hard" refresh. Try that as well and see if you can view your replies that way.

[This message has been edited by WhtDove (edited 06-30-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » plz explain

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary