navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Question
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Question Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Kerri S
since 1999-06-08
Posts 61
Rhode Island

0 posted 2001-03-06 02:45 PM

My question is this. I have written a poem about abuse but I am not sure if it is allowed to be posted. Although it has no vulgar language, it is very blunt and to the point of the subject. That is why I am asking if I may post it?

Thanks
Kerri

© Copyright 2001 Kerri Souza - All Rights Reserved
dragonpoe
since 2000-11-12
Posts 608
Palm Bay, Florida
1 posted 2001-03-06 03:38 PM

Kerri, I think you should try it and see. The moderators here are very kind and understanding. Only poems that are offensive or vile would get removed. As long as it doesn't offend or condone offensive behavior then it should be alright. Dark Poetry is the outlet for such subjects, the painfully real ones. Hope to catch it here soon.

With the word, I am mighty, with the pen I am free..
dragonpoe

Severn
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-17
Posts 7704

2 posted 2001-03-06 05:33 PM

I'm transferring this thread over to Q&A, Kerri - where it is more appropriate...

If it would help you to feel more comfortable about posting your poem in Dark - why don't you email a copy of the poem to myself or Isis or Michael (or Ron, but he is likely a little busy) and we would be more than happy to check it out for you, and let you know if the content is acceptable. You can find our email addresses by clicking on the names where it lists the moderators for the forum..

Thanks, Severn..

[This message has been edited by Severn (edited 03-06-2001).]

Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
3 posted 2001-03-06 06:29 PM

Severn is right
That's the best way to go
just e-mail it to the moderators of the forum and ask for their opinion

"So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this give life to thee." W.S.

Kerri S
since 1999-06-08
Posts 61
Rhode Island
4 posted 2001-03-06 06:57 PM

Thank you all for the quick answer's to my question.

Severn I would feel better if you looked over the poem so I will e-mail you a copy of it. I thank you for taking the time to look it over for me.

Kerri

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Question

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary