navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Cannt see my replies
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic Cannt see my replies Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
kitkat
since 2000-01-11
Posts 878
Nova Scotia

0 posted 2001-02-08 06:46 AM

I have made replies to others poetry. Why can I not see it? Is it not an automic response anymore> or is it because I am using my bf computer for now? at least until mine is back up and running.

© Copyright 2001 Kathy Harmon - All Rights Reserved
Nan
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-20
Posts 21191
Cape Cod Massachusetts USA
1 posted 2001-02-08 07:17 AM

It's most likely your browser - It probably isn't refreshing your page instantly.  Try holding down the shift key and refreshing/reloading your page.  That may help.  Is your friend using AOL? They're the biggest offenders on this issue.
Acies
Deputy Moderator 1 Tour
Member Rara Avis
since 2000-06-07
Posts 7665
Twilight Zone
2 posted 2001-02-08 10:07 AM

You post can be read in different ways.  But if you meant replying and not seeing it, Nan has answered your question.  But if you mean that the poems you've replpied to before are not highlighted, Yes, that's because you are using a different computer.  If you are using IE, for every page you visit on the net it makes a copy of the link on your c:\windows\temporaryinternetfiles  directory.  Your bf's computer does not have the your browsing history on passions, so it won't highlight the poems you've already read and replied to.  You have to realize that whatever you read and reply to on your bf's computer, your computer will not show.  This doesn't mean that your replies are gone, it's still in there for the replies are not saved on your computer, but somewhere else.

I see no changes, wake up in the morning I ask myself, "Is life worth living or should I blast myself"  TUPAC SHAKUR

[This message has been edited by acire (edited 02-08-2001).]

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » Cannt see my replies

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary