navwin » Discussion » Q & A » How do I find?
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic How do I find? Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California

0 posted 2001-02-03 12:36 PM

To anybody,

When making a reply to the right of that screen is two icons reading dictionary.com and More Tools, what I want to know is were can I find the info about the more tools is there and listing some were? I would like to have those avaible to me is that possiable? any time not just when replying.

Thank you, Cerenity

[This message has been edited by Cerenity (edited 02-03-2001).]

© Copyright 2001 Ellen Ware - All Rights Reserved
Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
1 posted 2001-02-03 01:50 PM

/pip/qview/tools.htm

Same page, but not in a popup - so you can see the URL and bookmark them.  

Denise
Member Seraphic
since 1999-08-22
Posts 22648

2 posted 2001-02-03 01:58 PM

Thanks, Ron! I was wondering the same thing myself!
Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
3 posted 2001-02-03 02:01 PM

Hi Ron,

Same page, but not in a popup - so you can see the URL and bookmark them.

Thank you first, now I pasted it in to my word but how do I book mark something and what is a URL, im sorry I don't understand alot of puter stuff yet,

Love, Cerenity

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
4 posted 2001-02-03 02:09 PM

A URL is the address or website that you visit. It is a Uniform Resource Locater.
So you type in http://piptalk.com
That is the web page I want to go to.

Now depending upon the browser you use, there should be a Favorites or something of that nature to click on, on the top of your browser. You have File, Edit, View, Favorites, etc...(this is in IE)

Click on your favorites, and having the page open of what you want to save, choose "Add to favorites."

The next time you click on your "Favorites" button, it should pull up a list of all the sites you've saved there. You can now simply click on the name of the site you'd like to visit without having to type in the "URL" or address of that site each time.

Make sense?

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
5 posted 2001-02-03 02:57 PM

Hi WhtDove,

First of all thank you so much it made sence finally,

Secondly, most of the stuff I do thats new on my computer is found by accident so all of this time I have been coming to passions all I had to do is click on the (e) for inter net and some how I made it so I would come to the passions forums page, but sence everything is different now all it shows me is (Navigation Canceled) so I went in to (MY Computer) and put in www.piptalk.com added it pressed OK but when I click on the (e) it still shows (Navigation Canceled) I would love to be able to have passions forum page as the page that pops up Everytime I come on to the inter net because thats just about the only place I ever go and am very happy with  that so WHAT am I doing WRONG? I need a valid address to put in to that space, do you know what I can do about this?

Thank you again, Cerenity

Ron
Administrator
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-05-19
Posts 8669
Michigan, US
6 posted 2001-02-03 03:24 PM

Very Important!

No one should be adding a www to the piptalk.com domain! I'm not picking on you Cerenity, it's a VERY common mistake and I've seen three people do it in just a day and a half. Adding the www will get you here, but it is almost guaranteed to mess up your cookies. (All of the internal links in the system avoid using the www, and since cookies are domain specific, you are essentially coming into one domain and then linking to another.) So, please everyone, avoid the common www and save yourself some headaches.

To make the forum main page your Home Page, Cerentiy, go to Tools in your browser menu, then click on Internet Options. You should already be on the General tab, and the very first prompt on the popup should be Home Page Address. Erase what's in there and type in /main/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro

Click on the OK button at the bottom of the popup. Now, every time you open your browser you should end up here. And any time you want to return here from somewhere else, all you need to do is click on your "Home" button in the toolbar.

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
7 posted 2001-02-03 05:49 PM

Ron,

You scared the living daylights out of me!!! If my cookies crumble now I would surely DIE!!! I was doing what you told me to do before but instead of using a CAP for the U in Ultimate I was using lower case so it was not taking, but now my new home is truly home for me thank you so VERY MUCH,,,

Love, Cerenity

WhtDove
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-07-22
Posts 9245
Illinois
8 posted 2001-02-03 07:10 PM

Cerenity also if you visit anywhere else. Like for instance that Tools link, you can put the addy in by typing, or going to the link and clicking on it. When the page opens up, I assume from what you said by clicking the e, you're using Internet Explorer, so when the page opens up, go to the top there where it says favorites and click it.

Then just add to your favorites! Now when you want to go back to that page, click your favorites, and it should drop down with a list of things you've saved there to visit. Find the name of the site you wish to go and click it, and it shall take you to that site.

I hope all this has helped, and if you need more help, let me know ok?  

Cerenity
Member Elite
since 2000-02-16
Posts 2637
Escondido-California
9 posted 2001-02-03 08:44 PM

Hi WhtDove,

I've had the hardest time with this certain thing sence starting in the puter world but until today I just could'nt get it, SO thank you so very much that poor favorite but. is going to get used ALOT  

Love, Cerenity

"God doesn't have to be reminded that we exist.
We have to be reminded that He exist!"

(Writer Unknown)

Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » How do I find?

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary