navwin » Discussion » Q & A » What to do... what to do...
Q & A
Post A Reply Post New Topic What to do... what to do... Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
Elizabeth Cor
since 2000-10-13
Posts 879
Over the river and through the woods

0 posted 2001-02-02 12:19 PM

Okay, let's say I have a poem that absolutely deserves to be in Adult (in fact, it's already stationed there). However, I'd like a critique done on that particular piece...
Now, I wouldn't want to post it in CA where it's available to all eyes, and pasting a link to the post in Adult under a thread in CA seems a little annoying. For one, critiquing members would have to keep jumping from forum to forum for a reference, or copy the poem to their own computer. There’s also the fact that I would want to do revisions on the poem and might end up having to repost each revision in Adult (which would CERTAINLY become irritating for the latter forum). Sooo… any suggestions?

© Copyright 2001 Megs - All Rights Reserved
Christopher
Member Rara Avis
since 1999-08-02
Posts 8296
Purgatorial Incarceration
1 posted 2001-02-02 01:38 PM

...cope.

heh.

C

Elizabeth Cor
since 2000-10-13
Posts 879
2 posted 2001-02-02 01:58 PM

YOU are not allowed in here.

Now, go sleep in the corner and I'll give you a biscuit. Good boy!
(and stay out of the toilet!)

doreen peri
Member Elite
since 1999-05-25
Posts 3812
Virginia
3 posted 2001-02-02 02:07 PM

the best thing to do when you don't know what to do is nothing at all... .take it from an expert who tries to figure out what to do and who does a myriad of things, sometimes all at once, just to figure it out, and none of them works and doing them all at the same time just confuses the issues...

but that was just philosophy.... *sigh*

now on to your question.... what should you do with that poem posted in adult which you'd like critique on?  i would suggest posting it in a critique forum without restrictions.... such as the scroll... just an idea ... that place has gone NUTS, too, but i can't figure out whether it has anything to do with my presence or absence.... same goes with the rest... who knows whether any of us has any effect,.... if you want the url, i'll send it, just let me know... many of us here at passions met each other originally over there... can be brutal... but sane.... can also be ridiculous... put on your boots....

[This message has been edited by doreen peri (edited 02-02-2001).]

Elizabeth Cor
since 2000-10-13
Posts 879
4 posted 2001-02-02 02:56 PM

Ahh, thank you ms. peri.. will do. I'm just so biased towards this place...

[This message has been edited by Elizabeth Cor (edited 02-02-2001).]

Poet deVine
Administrator
Member Seraphic
since 1999-05-26
Posts 22612
Hurricane Alley
5 posted 2001-02-02 06:47 PM

You could post it in Adult...and DRAG Brad in there (he's been there I've seen him!) to critique it. Or just let the  members who post there have a shot at it.  
Post A Reply Post New Topic ⇧ top of page ⇧ Go to Previous / Newer Topic Back to Topic List Go to Next / Older Topic
All times are ET (US). All dates are in Year-Month-Day format.
navwin » Discussion » Q & A » What to do... what to do...

Passions in Poetry | pipTalk Home Page | Main Poetry Forums | 100 Best Poems

How to Join | Member's Area / Help | Private Library | Search | Contact Us | Login
Discussion | Tech Talk | Archives | Sanctuary